Proposal: 708 S. Main

btoy

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Anybody hearing that several of the buyers have pulled out due to the long wait? The rumor mill is swirling again. Wouldn’t surprise me though. I would go elsewhere if I were in their shoes. 

Honestly, I don’t think I’d want the headaches of owning a giant waterfall and car lift. Both will hit you with fees and upkeep outside of normal maintenance on any condo building. I think the site needs a new proposal. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, apaladin said:

Yes they are going to start thinkng about beginning cnstruction in the next few years. Think about it, this has been in the works with no results as long as the old auditorium site, 

The website says breaking ground first quarter 2022. If that’s the case then they better get moving. If I was one of the original buyers I would have definitely bailed by now. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

I don’t see the units that are still for sale listed. 

I thought you meant ALL the units were taken off Reator.com, which they should be if the project is truly dead.  You're right, it's just the ones that are/were under contract that were listed.  

• 2 months later...
On 7/22/2022 at 5:11 PM, vicupstate said:

I thought you meant ALL the units were taken off Reator.com, which they should be if the project is truly dead.  You're right, it's just the ones that are/were under contract that were listed.  

The remaining for sale units are still missing which tells me this project is definitely dead. I expect the site to go up for sale soon. Sad but not surprising. If it hasn’t started construction yet after being in the works for years it’s never going to. I’m sure the people who bought units here have already moved on also. I know I would have. 

Edited by gman430

Welp…as usual I was wrong. Covid delayed the project but it is moving forward now. Triangle Construction is the general contractor. All of the permits needed to start construction have now been issued by the city so expect site work to start any day. Just waiting on the electrician from Triangle to give the green light. The developer is working with the utility companies to have the power lines in the alley way moved immediately for the tower crane placement. Six condo units are still under contract. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 4

On 10/18/2022 at 11:32 PM, gman430 said:

Welp…as usual I was wrong. Covid delayed the project but it is moving forward now. Triangle Construction is the general contractor. All of the permits needed to start construction have now been issued by the city so expect site work to start any day. Just waiting on the electrician from Triangle to give the green light. The developer is working with the utility companies to have the power lines in the alley way moved immediately for the tower crane placement. Six condo units are still under contract. 

I still have a believe it when I see outlook for this project. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, apaladin said:

I still have a believe it when I see outlook for this project. 

I’ll be honest, I had no idea how long this project had been trying to get off the ground. 2007? My god, yeah I’m hoping gman is right but then again I wouldn’t be totally surprised if it didn’t start. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/2/2023 at 11:25 AM, gman430 said:

A new year and still just as depressing as ever.

Yep 16 years and counting but still not as long as the doomed gateway site which is 25 years and counting. Wonder if there is some kind of an award for longest prime real estate parcel without being developed? 

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Yep 16 years and counting but still not as long as the doomed gateway site which is 25 years and counting. Wonder if there is some kind of an award for longest prime real estate parcel without being developed? 

I got an email yesterday that stated that Triangle is still waiting on Duke to move the power lines in the alley before they can start construction. Yeesh.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...