Proposal: 708 S. Main

btoy

3 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

It wasn't Taps was it?:whistling:

LOL...possibly.

54 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

LOL...I was wondering if this meant a Scottish Inn was being built on the site.  :w00t:

Is that what’s going on? :yahoo: Maybe it will be announced during the Scottish Games here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Two of the 12 units are now listed as Contingent on Realtor.com. 

I'll admit that I'm shocked. I didn't think this would actually move forward based on the fact that some of the building features seem extravagant (water feature, vehicular elevator). However, I'd love for this to be built and this site to finally be put to use. IF it works out, activating that corner will be a big victory for the West End. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2019/10/10/ask-lafleur-avant-downtown-greenville-sc-property-still-developed/3828704002/

The Avant is still planned with construction expected to begin early next year, according to Karen Turpin, a broker with The Marchant Company.

Edited by gman430

On 10/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, gman430 said:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2019/10/10/ask-lafleur-avant-downtown-greenville-sc-property-still-developed/3828704002/

The Avant is still planned with construction expected to begin early next year, according to Karen Turpin, a broker with The Marchant Company.

Uh-huh. Anytime they use the term "next year" you can pretty much write it off. Just a polite way of saying it ain't happening but we don't want to say it.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:10 PM, apaladin said:

True but next year could also be 15 months from now.

The project is going to permitting next month with construction starting in January 2020. The delay was due to the design of the elaborate parking system they will have within the interior garage on site. Two of the condos are under contract. 

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, gman430 said:

Construction to start in May.

This is a prime spot for retail on the lower level.   As much as I lamented national chains when local retail fizzled on main, I think this could really be a good thing for downtown if we land a big name here.  Please, not another breakfast restaurant.  This could/would  also spur growth up River St. 

• 5 months later...
55 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Permitting has started. Process will take 60 days. Construction to start right after that and take 18-24 months.

Wow -- I'm a bit surprised that this ever took off, but I'm impressed and happy to see life coming to this site. Hopefully we see it under construction this year. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, SVL said:

There is a fence around this property now so maybe something is about to happen.

Yeah, construction is imminent according to Marchant Co. Looks like my previous post of the construction timeline was right. :)

Edited by gman430