Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

Haven't heard any news on the Knights and whether they reached a deal for financing for the ballpark. They were supposed to have that lined up by June 30th as a part of their deal with the city. Have to wonder if no news is good news or not -- though I heard the team was working 'feverishly' last week. I would like to think that since BB&T is the main partner on the naming rights deal this should be an easy thing to do if they are loaning the money.

I just moved into the Trademark building uptown with a great view of the soon to be Knights stadium, not to mention the new park and the rest of the city.

I'm so happy the city gave them that last 8 million (over 20 years btw) to get this done. I was also hoping to hear some news on the financing, but I am not worried as of yet. They put up new signs on the lots the past couple weeks with the updated renderings and logos.

This is going to be very good for Charlotte, not to mention my property value :)

Looks like the financing plan was submitted to the city on Friday

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/03/3359321/charlotte-knights-submit-financing.html

EDIT: looks like they have another sponsor signed and another about to sign (both are unnammed). Construction loan provider was not named.

The construction schedule says that site work will begin immediately following the DNC.

Edited by kermit

They're in the process of adding construction fencing around one of the city blocks where the stadium will go so I'm assuming the financing package went through.

What city block are you refereing too? I dont see any new fencing around the two, only the rusty barb wire

Edited by navigator319

As eager as most of us are to see activity on this site, keep in mind that nothing will happen prior to the DNC. The City is relocating bus service to the Virginia Paper lot during the event, so anything going on is more than likely related to that. Hearsay is that there will be a large hospitality tent, restroom trailers, and food trucks with busses queing up on 4th st. Not the best idea, but it's happening.

Edit: Queing on 3rd St.

Edited by CLTNative

• 1 month later...

They are in the process of building that "Presidential Experience" thing in uptown on the site where the ballpark will be. It is a serious construction site. They've got full bore steel going up with high quality tenting and flooring being laid down. That area is going to see some serious hustle and bustle in the next 3 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sept. 14th is approaching. I was reminded by the O who just ran an article. The developer said it will be as pedestrian friendly as possible. And this will be a catalyst for multifamily housing. Wonder if we'll get any more details or specifics.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

You will be able to stand at the corner of milk and Tryon and pretend downtown is wider than it is! You will look down and see a grandnpark and baseball stadium in the distance. Plus the new apartment tower! Woohoo!