Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

Ran by it today.. I'm still shocked it's happening. Seems like it could be a bit problematic when trying to sell tickets to the game. Not sure if they plan to show the game or just the score, but I hope to hell they show the game. If so, I'll be chillin in the park a many nights watching games on the video board. Now if they'll just allow alcohol in the park on game nights :yahoo: .

I also plan to attend 5-10 games in BB&T this year. Mainly against the Gwinnett Braves. Huge Braves fan here.

Edited by ES Charlotte

Seems like it could be a bit problematic when trying to sell tickets to the game. Not sure if they plan to show the game or just the score, but I hope to hell they show the game. If so, I'll be chillin in the park a many nights watching games on the video board. 

I doubt they'll show the game on the video boards.  A recap of a moment - sure.  The game itself?  Naw.  I mean does any stadium simultaneously broadcast the game on the video board while it's in play in the stadium itself?

I doubt they'll show the game on the video boards.  A recap of a moment - sure.  The game itself?  Naw.  I mean does any stadium simultaneously broadcast the game on the video board while it's in play in the stadium itself?

I don't see why they couldn't.  I agree in the sense of a scoreboard facing INTO the park showing the game would be a little silly.  And certainly people will take advantage of it.  But I'd rather pay $10 and go in than sit out in the park and watch it on what is essentially a big tv.  At least I get beer and peanuts in there.

I could see them playing it on the video board only for games that are sold out?  Would give more incentive and build interest, especially for games on the weekend when there are people in the park that had no intention of going to a Knights games.  Their kids see the video on the board, hear the roar of the crowd, and suddenly you have a new fan begging his mom to go a game in the future.

• Like 2

I wonder how active the exterior video board will be on days without events.  I'm sure they can get some pretty good money to run adds over certain hours.  I would personally love if they could air live games for other Charlotte Sports teams over the park at night.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2014/02/big-picture-hits-home-for-charlotte-knights.html?page=all

Here's an article on the video boards.

As far as the park facing video board: 

"Knights executives will use the exterior screen to advertise game-day promotions and other events. Also planned: showing portions of batting practice on the screen, which is visible from Romare Bearden Park across the street. For sellouts, the Knights might show some or all of the game live on the outside video board."

Edited by Jayvee

Well this answers my question: 

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2014/02/big-picture-hits-home-for-charlotte-knights.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Late next week, fans should notice ads and flashing messages on an exterior screen on the right-field side of the $54 million baseball stadium."

Well this answers my question: 

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2014/02/big-picture-hits-home-for-charlotte-knights.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Late next week, fans should notice ads and flashing messages on an exterior screen on the right-field side of the $54 million baseball stadium."

Beat ya to the punch haha   :yahoo:  :shades:

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

The key take away here is that Knights are trying to have a less cluttered look from an advertising/marking standpoint so they are using the display boards to consolidate rotating ads to a few locations. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a giant Coca Cola (or Pepsi) sign in the outfield (think Fenway, Wrigley, etc).

The key take away here is that Knights are trying to have a less cluttered look from an advertising/marking standpoint so they are using the display boards to consolidate rotating ads to a few locations. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a giant Coca Cola (or Pepsi) sign in the outfield (think Fenway, Wrigley, etc).

Preferably like this

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/citi-field-pepsi-porch-10372811.jpg