Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

I'm friends with the poster "Birky" outside of the internets and he told me there is a line around the block for Knights tickets this morning.  Apparently the first people started showing up at 4:45am this morning.  He's grabbing me 4 tix for opening weekend, I guess I owe him a hot pocket or something!

Glad to see the city showing up BIG for the Knights out the gate.  I never expected sales to be an issue, but this is a pretty positive indication that this will be a hugely successful decision for the Knights.  They will probably be kicking themselves that this didn't happen sooner!

• Like 2

Reese's paradox?  :lol:

Is that the MLB would pass on Charlotte if our AAA team was successful, so we needed to ensure that it remained as unsuccessful as possible languishing in the countryside?  

I think that is more of a moron on oxy.  

• Like 1

I got to the stadium @ 8:15.  By that time, the line was all the way down MLK & was halfway to 4th St on Graham. So, 2-3 blocks long. By the time the box office opened, the line had bent again & was going up 4th St. It was insane.  By the time I got to the ticket window @ 11:30, all of the seats for the first two games were gone.  All that was left was standing room only.

Checking online, it looks damn near impossible to find seats on the 3B side (ie the best view of the skyline) except in Section 122 (the last section on that side).  That's for the entire season.  Absolutely nuts.  I had no idea the city was so excited about this.

This was around 10am, after the ticket office had been open for an hour.  The line was just as long behind me down Graham.

BiNpt4TIUAAygoF.jpg

• Like 2

^ there are still many Sat/Sun game tickets available.  The 'Home Run' and 'Power Ally' seats any way. I just got done buying 6 games 4 tix a pop.

Avoid section 122 as the above sections will be better even though the tix are $2 cheaper.  I got stuck in section 122 for the first game I bought then realized how to use the web site and the pressure was off so the outfield seats are much better then either foul poll section.

Anyone ever been to a game on an "Education Day"?  Am I digging myself a hole I'll immediately want to crawl out of?

oof, sounds like that one bobcats game a year where they give all the tickets to 4th graders...

The video boards on the inside of the outfield wall (facing away from the above pic, so right field?) are on as well, at least they were yesterday when I drove by on Graham.  I didn't know they were there, so it was a nice surprise.

Edited by Mobuchu