Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

There was a good showing before the Steelers game a few weeks back. I would say around 100 people, maybe peaking at 200 at one point. Too many people had no idea you could come in despite the signage. IMO they needed to have a hype girl outside to get people in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That first row of the Home Run Porch will be a very nice view. First row (only row) of the second level at that location. I was here one game and there is a dedicated drink stand there and the view is right down the right-field line. Nice. The only non-premium seat on the second level, I believe. It was standing only this season though the first row had a step down allowing for sitting on the step. I assume this is where the seats will be placed. I could be persuaded.

• 1 month later...

I am very surprised no announcement has come on the Outparcel in the Outfield. I was given the impression last year that we would see an announcement and immediate movement on this land in June or July so that it'd be under construction before the season started. I'm also under the impression that the revenue stream from leasing out the developed space is a big part of the Knights plan for this Ballpark. I have put out some feelers with contacts in Commerical Real Estate and the Media, hopefully we can have some answers on this in the next week or two.

Has anyone here heard anything about this??

Edited by Guest

I am very surprised no announcement has come on the Outparcel in the Outfield. I was given the impression last year that we would see an announcement and immediate movement on this land in June or July so that it'd be under construction before the season started. I'm also under the impression that the revenue stream from leasing out the developed space is a big part of the Knights plan for this Ballpark. I have put out some feelers with contacts in Commerical Real Estate and the Media, hopefully we can have some answers on this in the next week or two.

Has anyone here heard anything about this??

Maybe expect some kind of announcement in the next week. Not sure about what yet though.

Edited by Guest

Maybe expect some kind of announcement in the next week. Not sure about what yet though.

In the past, Knights have been the worst at announcing meaningless announcements. :D I would be surprised if it could possibly be for a new Sherbert flavored ice cream at the concessions, haha.

Seriously though, hope we do hear something regarding development :)

• Like 2

In the past, Knights have been the worst at announcing meaningless announcements. :D I would be surprised if it could possibly be for a new Sherbert flavored ice cream at the concessions, haha.

Seriously though, hope we do hear something regarding development :)

It's not going to be development related. After making some inquiries, signs are pointing more and more towards the Knights not developing a hotel on their land, instead choosing to develop more amenities for the ballpark itself and the team. No solid details that I am at liberty to share at this time, but looks like this is one we shouldn't put all our hope into, we can devote it to another project.

I have a couple leads on small to medium sized projects to be announced soon, so hopefully that will make up for this bad news.

It's not going to be development related. After making some inquiries, signs are pointing more and more towards the Knights not developing a hotel on their land, instead choosing to develop more amenities for the ballpark itself and the team. No solid details that I am at liberty to share at this time, but looks like this is one we shouldn't put all our hope into, we can devote it to another project.

I have a couple leads on small to medium sized projects to be announced soon, so hopefully that will make up for this bad news.

I wouldn't mind if it were upgraded & amenities (especially if that means the grassy outfield goes away). Especially if it's somewhat mindful to the street.

(Off topic: I hope one of your leads is retail related)

Hopefully the press conference is something more than an announcement of a tournament or finale baseball game or something.

I wouldn't mind if it were upgraded & amenities (especially if that means the grassy outfield goes away). Especially if it's somewhat mindful to the street.

(Off topic: I hope one of your leads is retail related)

Hopefully the press conference is something more than an announcement of a tournament or finale baseball game or something.

Nooooooope....I think we can all give up any hope whenever the Knights say they have a "major announcement." I mean, I guess this is cool, but meh.

Edited by Jayvee

Hooray for getting the best baseball players in the US that are not the 600+ players on MLB rosters, or that will be called up to MLB rosters during the season, again! Lol, for real, why does this exist? I am glad that we have it since it does exist, and hopefully the weather will be better than last year's, so we can draw a good crowd Uptown. I still really hate that the ACC tourney passed on us for the next 4 years. That event actually has meaning to college baseball fans in the region.

Edited by MilZ

People are seriously whining about getting the Triple-A All Star game? C'mon... Some of you would complain if Charlotte got passed over! Nobody that ever plays in this game makes it to the bigs right? Tell that to Adam Dunn, Chipper Jones, Derek Jeter, Carl Crawford, Alfonso Soriano, Mike Piazza, etc. It's a nice coupe for the stadium. It's one more event that will put a lot of butts in the seats and fill up some restaurants and hotels on an otherwise sleepy mid-week summer night. I don't think you can count on the Knights for having a press conference about the hotel or any real developments ... It will be events like this. 

Edited by wend28

People are seriously whining about getting the Triple-A All Star game? C'mon... Some of you would complain if Charlotte got passed over! Nobody that ever plays in this game makes it to the bigs right? Tell that to Adam Dunn, Chipper Jones, Derek Jeter, Carl Crawford, Alfonso Soriano, Mike Piazza, etc. It's a nice coupe for the stadium. It's one more event that will put a lot of butts in the seats and fill up some restaurants and hotels on an otherwise sleepy mid-week summer night. I don't think you can count on the Knights for having a press conference about the hotel or any real developments ... It will be events like this.

I'm not whining about it. I think it's great for the city and for the fans & business.

:D I just want more cranes! And I'm not a fan of minor league or billy Joel but I'm glad both the tournament & Billy are coming.

Lol I said I was happy we got it and wasn't "whining" about it. I was cracking a joke about an "All-Star" Game featuring mostly unknown players. Like I said, since it does exist, it's nice we can host it.

ACC tourney would be better though.

Lol I said I was happy we got it and wasn't "whining" about it. I was cracking a joke about an "All-Star" Game featuring mostly unknown players. Like I said, since it does exist, it's nice we can host it.

ACC tourney would be better though.

I dunnoooo.... Sounds like some passive whining going around here :)

I'm not whining about it. I think it's great for the city and for the fans & business.

:D I just want more cranes! And I'm not a fan of minor league or billy Joel but I'm glad both the tournament & Billy are coming.

What kind of person isn't a fan of Billy Joel???

I dunnoooo.... Sounds like some passive whining going around here :)

On second thought, I was whining because hosting a minor league all star game classifies us as a "minor league city" on a national scale. I'm contacting Jerry Reese so we can sue the city for applying.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
So a previously mentioned "beer garden" going in a BB&T was VERY misleading. It's not a beer garden, its just a craft beer stand like any other food stand or whatever.

Here is the article mentioning it in the first place
Edited by Jayvee