CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Downtown Courtyard by Mariott

btoy

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they ave prepared the plaza for demo. it is pretty much stripped down. the only thing that remains is the structure itself.

After I left Peace Center tonight, I walked through the plaza and it is definitely stripped down. In addition, the two older municipal buildings beside the plaza are now empty. One has a sign on the door, "Facility Closed". Looks like demolition should start any moment. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

After I left Peace Center tonight, I walked through the plaza and it is definitely stripped down. In addition, the two older municipal buildings beside the plaza are now empty. One has a sign on the door, "Facility Closed". Looks like demolition should start any moment. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great news! Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one begin. It will really transform that intersection, as well as make a great impact along both Main and Broad Streets. :thumbsup:

I am still curious to hear what the "high-end seafood restaurant" will be inside the Courtyard by Marriott. We know it's not going to be The Boathouse (Charleston-based restaurant) because it will be located next to Falls Park. Could it be McCormick & Schmick's? What about Phillips? Or will it be a local unknown? Either way, I think there is a market for a nice seafood restaurant downtown and this will be a great location for it!

The hotel will be pretty nice, too. ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for Phillips. They are consistently good. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My last two visits to a M&S left me questioning why they have had such rapid growth. The Orlando location at Mall of Millenia was filthy and their Beaverton location (in the home metro) was mediocre at best. A shame.

I am still curious to hear what the "high-end seafood restaurant" will be inside the Courtyard by Marriott. We know it's not going to be The Boathouse (Charleston-based restaurant) because it will be located next to Falls Park. Could it be McCormick & Schmick's? What about Phillips? Or will it be a local unknown? Either way, I think there is a market for a nice seafood restaurant downtown and this will be a great location for it!

If it's an established chain, I'd put my money on McCormick & Schmick's, but don't rule out Legal, too.

Per TBA, yet another delay in a DT project. Demo not to begin until "sometime in January."

Sniff, sniff... Do I smell another POM? :wacko:

Nothing to sniff on this one. :lol:

I think we on the forums are our own worst enemy. We "hear" a date (and most times these dates are not verified from the developer) and then get upset when one day passes after the date. We've heard all along "after Dec 10", not "on Dec 10" for this project. January is about three weeks after Dec 10 so makes sense. Why would anyone start in the middle of the Christmas / New Year holiday? Should it not start until April, then that would be a delay.

• 1 month later...

As of this morning, fencing is complete around the site, there are a couple of pieces of heavy equipment, and I saw a couple of guys looking at a site plan/blueprint thingy. Looks like they'll be getting started soon.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

With the location of this project, it should make a major impact on downtown by knitting together Main Street proper with West End.

Archived