CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Downtown Courtyard by Mariott

btoy

Yeah, we were planting new annuals at the Peace Center all day. All of that drilling was really starting to wear on my last nerve! All in the name of progress though. I think this project will really benefit the Peace Center, and visa versa.

Nice to hear all the activity going on. :thumbsup:

Hey Travo, do you work around Peace Center often? You can take progress photos for us. :)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to hear all the activity going on. :thumbsup:

Hey Travo, do you work around Peace Center often? You can take progress photos for us. :)

My partner and I maintain the grounds at the Peace Center on Monday and Tuesday of each week. We are in the park the rest of the week, so I could put up a few shots showing weekly progress, but probably not daily. If I can remember to start carrying my camera with me I'll start snapping away this week.

My partner and I maintain the grounds at the Peace Center on Monday and Tuesday of each week. We are in the park the rest of the week, so I could put up a few shots showing weekly progress, but probably not daily. If I can remember to start carrying my camera with me I'll start snapping away this week.

Cool. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

In this week's Journal TBA column (which sucks this week btw), it is said that the large white "billboard" going up in front of the new Marriott site is actually going to hold a rendering of the 'massive development'. I really like that they're adding this! I guess the "wall" isn't actually going to go around the entire site after all. And from the look of the wall, it's going to be a large rendering! :)

In this week's Journal TBA column (which sucks this week btw), it is said that the large white "billboard" going up in front of the new Marriott site is actually going to hold a rendering of the 'massive development'. I really like that they're adding this! I guess the "wall" isn't actually going to go around the entire site after all. And from the look of the wall, it's going to be a large rendering! :)

It also makes a great hiding place to protect the construction office/trailer. :lol: I'll reserve judgement on how "massive" it is, though.

From GSA Business...

Aughtry to break ground on Main/Broad project

Erwin restaurant expected to be an anchor Richard Breen, Editor

Windsor/Aughtry has scheduled a May 27 unveiling for its development at the corner of Main and Broad streets in downtown Greenville.

It is expected to be announced that Rick Erwin, owner of an eponymous West End restaurant, will open an eatery in the mixed-use project, which will also be anchored by a 140-room Courtyard by Marriott hotel.

From GSA Business...

Aughtry to break ground on Main/Broad project

Erwin restaurant expected to be an anchor Richard Breen, Editor

Windsor/Aughtry has scheduled a May 27 unveiling for its development at the corner of Main and Broad streets in downtown Greenville.

It is expected to be announced that Rick Erwin, owner of an eponymous West End restaurant, will open an eatery in the mixed-use project, which will also be anchored by a 140-room Courtyard by Marriott hotel.

Thanks for the info. Glad to see that this is moving along on schedule.

I was hoping for something like McCormick & Schmick's, but hopefully Rick Erwin will do a good job (I like Rick Erwin's West End Grille). Hopefully it will truly be a "high end seafood" place as we were originally told. :)

I wonder if the May 27th date also marks the end of blasting on the site and the commencement of 'true construction'? I'm really anxious to see the presence that this project has on Main Street, Broad Street especially, and the River...

Kudos to Rick Erwin for not naming it anything associated with Charleston or the SC Lowcountry. We've moved beyond that. :thumbsup:

Plus, the name is a nice complement to our Boston Red Sox/New England connection. :)

I agree. While it's good to have connections and obvious in-state ties, Greenville isn't just a player in the state of SC, but regionally, nationally, and internationally too. This won't be the only tenant for the first floor will? (other than the hotel)

Archived