Bearden Park in Third Ward, Uptown Charlotte

dubone

1 minute ago, SentioVenia said:

The IMDb page (linked above and here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9747440/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1) calls it The Christmas Song.

Weird I know someone who was an extra last night and she called it Where Angel’s Land. But who knows, these movies are basically just the same one over and over again. Maybe they just reuse the same footage and slap a new title on it every week. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, sakami said:

What’s the story with this “AutoPark” at the corner of 4th and Church?  It is a fairly short, ugly parking deck. I walked around it today and it doesn’t look like it is built into the buildings around it on either side. I know there are other empty lots that need to go first but I was struck by how ugly this stretch of Church is today and thought that knocking this down would do a lot to improve the block. 

If memory serves, AutoPark was built by the developers of NCNB Plaza (the all-glass '70s building, tallest in Charlotte at the time) to meet the demands of tenants.  The on-grade/below-grade garage on the back half of NCNB Plaza's lot wasn't sufficient; it was intended for the building's "executive parking," plus parking for the Radisson (later Omni) Hotel.  More parking had to be available for the building's tenants.   In fact, I believe AutoPark was a zoning requirement, to meet the regulation that x number of parking spaces had to be provided  for every thousand square feet of office space.

Could AutoPark be expendible now?  Perhaps, given the massive amounts of parking spaces which have been added, and are in the process of being added.  It's no longer the highest and best use for the land it occupies.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Fun fact, the office building between it and the park is on the market. Somebody could assemble that whole site and do something really cool.

Also, tearing down Ink N Ivy is a bonus.

Whats the price?  Based off Chamber building being 30 million for that size/location I'd go with 10-15 million for this parcel?

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

Whats the price?  Based off Chamber building being 30 million for that size/location I'd go with 10-15 million for this parcel?

High teens

The Chamber number is somewhat peculiar. I think a huge portion is parking income but would like to confirm.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 8:40 AM, JoshuaDrown said:

Here is one of the filming notifications distributed around to the buildings on Tryon St...

I looked up Where Angels Land again and the producer is the same for Hallmarks Christmas at Graceland movie.  Albemarle native Kelli Pickler was in that one.     https://productionlist.com/production/when-angels-land/

• Like 2

The lights go out at midnight and come back on around 5am. HOWEVER, last night BofA crown was lit past midnight so maybe they saw our complaints (though it may just be a weekend thing). Also, hilariously, when BofA crown goes out so does the top of Hearst Tower but then a few minutes later Hearst comes back on lol. It’s like a short in the system. 

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2019 at 10:05 PM, midtownclt said:

Does anyone know what movie (or commercial) is being filmed in Bearden Park tonight?

They have a small mock Christmas Village set-up with artificial snow and Christmas lights

near the intersection of MLK and Church St.  Many truck along MLK and lots of lights.

Thanks for this info. There have been some rogue Christmas trees in 4th Ward over the past week or two, and the trees look relatively new. I have had a hard time figuring out how anyone can be so lazy to not throw out their tree until mid February, but also somehow keep it living for 2 months with no root system.

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

Thanks for this info. There have been some rogue Christmas trees in 4th Ward over the past week or two, and the trees look relatively new. I have had a hard time figuring out how anyone can be so lazy to not throw out their tree until mid February, but also somehow keep it living for 2 months with no root system.

Too bad you weren't paying attention before the Christmas trees showed up.  You might have missed your opportunity for stardom.  https://thesoutherncastingcall.com/2019/01/22/charlotte-untitled-christmas-movie-filming-late-january-mid-february-looking-for-background-actors-of-all-ages-and-races-as-well-as-stand-ins-charlotte-nc/

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, sakami said:

Weird I know someone who was an extra last night and she called it Where Angel’s Land. But who knows, these movies are basically just the same one over and over again. Maybe they just reuse the same footage and slap a new title on it every week. 

Well given the plot from the imdb link SentioVenia posted ("A youth choir director (Chenoweth) needs to write a big song for the Christmas Eve show"), I'm going to guess that "Where Angel's Land" is the name of the song within the script.  And perhaps that was a working title for the movie.

Edited by JacksonH