Bearden Park in Third Ward, Uptown Charlotte

dubone

• 1 year later...

lol I like your descriptions.  But yes, it is a problem I think they need to address somehow.  Back in the day when it was just the Catalyst, you'd just take your dog across the street where one of those abandon buildings used to be lol.  But now you have the Element, Ascent, even the Kimpton is dog friendly.  That's a ton of dogs.  There's a lot of sections at Romare though where they could possibly fit it in, but like you, would miss the space.  If it were to be at Romare, these would be my spots, however, it would get rid of those nice plants they do.

Outside of Romare: Depending upon timeline of gateway, could use one of those big parking lots in the mean time.  2nd option is the triangular plot of land at the Mint Street deck (which looks primed for a similar SpringHill Suites type of hotel).

My only concern is, okay you have a dog park, but will the convenience of just letting your dog pee on the grass/tree  trump walking to wherever they build it? 

1.png.4692e0a21cab24cea0ef0700aa6187e9.png

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

18 hours ago, Scribe said:

Don't think they will spend the money on it only to tear it up for the hotel planned for that site.

Considering the ballpark is only leasing the land for $1 and has been silent on future development for over a year, I don’t think the county will continue holding the land hostage if a dog park is that dire for the area. 

• 2 months later...

They don't have any reason to merge the legal parcels, so they are just the remnants. The county owns it, and the deed transfers clearly just had his name at attention for the paperwork as the county manager. 

Ownership
No. Type Owner Name Mailing Address City State Zip
1   MECKLENBURG COUNTY PO BOX 31787 CHARLOTTE,NC 28231
2   MANAGERS OFFICE ATTN: MECKLENBURG COUNTY PO BOX 31787 CHARLOTTE,NC 28231
3   %BOBBIE SHIELDS PO BOX 31787 CHARLOTTE,NC 28231
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What’s the story with this “AutoPark” at the corner of 4th and Church?  It is a fairly short, ugly parking deck. I walked around it today and it doesn’t look like it is built into the buildings around it on either side. I know there are other empty lots that need to go first but I was struck by how ugly this stretch of Church is today and thought that knocking this down would do a lot to improve the block. 

8FB68062-94AF-4FD4-BBCD-A4307AF702A0.jpeg

• Like 4

^^^ I told you that had a Canadian filmed Hallmark Christmas movie set in a fictitious NC  town outside of Charlotte was shown last Dec.   Now maybe they are actually going to use some real photos of Charlotte which that would be great.   Part of the plot of this Hallmark movie was this womans biggest customer was moving here HQ to Charlotte and she would be able to live in NC with her new beau in small town NC. 

Just talked to mom she is excited a Hallmark movie is being filmed here!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, midtownclt said:

Does anyone know what movie (or commercial) is being filmed in Bearden Park tonight?

They have a small mock Christmas Village set-up with artificial snow and Christmas lights

near the intersection of MLK and Church St.  Many truck along MLK and lots of lights.

The Christmas Song

Be on the lookout for Kristen Chenowith about town.

• Like 1