West End Summit Ghost Town

elguapo731

I posted this information along with photos on Nashville Growth but here it is for you guys.

Was at the site this morning and the fellow there, there were only two guys and one was spraying the seeds or something, but the other said all equipment had been pulled from the site, there was a "small" blasting problem.

Photos on the NG site, aslo posted some Siggy news and a new round of photos taken this morning. I'll try and thow them up there when I get a chance today.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted this information along with photos on Nashville Growth but here it is for you guys.

Was at the site this morning and the fellow there, there were only two guys and one was spraying the seeds or something, but the other said all equipment had been pulled from the site, there was a "small" blasting problem.

Photos on the NG site, aslo posted some Siggy news and a new round of photos taken this morning. I'll try and thow them up there when I get a chance today.

Forgive me for the "Big News", I thought it was amusing since there really hasn't been any news on the site since they've been digging the hole for awhile.

I don't believe the water problem is the reason. I was kidding around about the municipal pool. The water coming out of the side of the wall has actually been there since about 15 feet down into the excavation. they have been pumping it out for some time. It has just accumulated now that no one is working the site. As of now excavation just hasn't stoped, all equipment has been pulled, all that is left are two port o johns. I don't now much about construction but they didn't just send the men home, they cleared it all out. Perhaps it's for insurance purpaces. Again, I lack knowledge in this field.

The one fellow on site that looked like he might now something was chatting with another fellow when I pulled up to snap some shots. I had time to ask him the one question "Where is everyone?" before he got back to work plus I had to get to work as I had blown my morning snapping shots around town.

The big news is that all equipment has been pulled for no reason that I could see. Besides the large puddle of water, which again has been being pumped out for weeks now, nothing looked out of place or out of wack, unless there is something going on under the small pool. That was the area I last saw the drillers operating.

I'll keep an eye on the site and report when there is activity again.

I work a block away from where the West End Summit is being excavated, and here is some potential news regarding the abscence of workers on the site. My place of business has been informed that the power will be shut off this coming Sunday for approximately 8 hours due to NES running larger power lines toward the WES site, since the towers will need more juice than is currently running to the block. They have also been working the past 2 weeks installing new electrical poles in the area. Someone else on here might be able to shed more light on this, as far as the construction aspect goes, and whether this is truly relavent to the WES, but I just thought this might be a reason why the site has been void of workers for the last week or so. This may or may not directly pertain to the WES site. but I thought it might be pertinent info.

Archived