Meijer Distribution Center?

Rybak 187

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I too have been hearing rumors about a Meijer Distribution Center to go into Chicago. Since this rumor first popped up, I've been keeping watch for any new about this but sofar havn't seen any moves from Meijer.

Personally, I think it would make perfect since to put a distribution center in the Chicago area for two reasons. One, Meijer is currently attempting to expanded in the Chicago Market which is the most lucrative retail market area in the nation. A distribution center would would give Meijer a strong foundation to support a much greater number of stores in the area than what's there now. Two, building a distribution center would provide a spring board for Meijer to make a jump into southern Wisconsin.

Howl, I lived in the Chicago Area many years ago when I was a wee lad. I remember mother complaining about how expensive places like Jewels and Dominks where. Meijer's offerings are just as good as those places if not better. But prices are lower. Plus you get the convenience of a comprehensive discount retail section rivaling that of a Target store. Also Meijer is not dogged by the politics and controversies haunting Wal-Mart. It's a completely different animal light years better than any Wally-World hands down. If you live near a Meijer store, check it out.

Rockford is what I always thought would be good for a northern Illinois DC for Meijer because of the land cost in the Chicago area, and if they wanted to build a southern Illinois DC I would go with Effingham because it is at the junction of I-70 and I-57. Effingham is a little less then half way between St. Louis and Indianapolis closer to St. Louis.

Archived