Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

Regional Wastewater Plant

8 posts in this topic

I haven't heard anything about this before. But there's talk of a regional wastewater plant near Highfill, two miles south of XNA. It would serve Bentonville, Rogers and Springdale and the the areas surrounding them. The state is providing a grant for $4.3 Mil. The NWA Conservation Authority is still seeking more funds from other sources. I haven't heard any timetables for this project.

I haven't heard anything about this before. But there's talk of a regional wastewater plant near Highfill, two miles south of XNA. It would serve Bentonville, Rogers and Springdale and the the areas surrounding them. The state is providing a grant for $4.3 Mil. The NWA Conservation Authority is still seeking more funds from other sources. I haven't heard any timetables for this project.

Gov says state will fund the first 3 1/2 years of loan payments during construction ($4.3M interest and principal of $33M loan). They are shooting for 2010 for completion.

Thanks for the info Andrew. I guess I'm just a little surprised because I don't recall hearing anything about this. Maybe it's just because it doesn't sound like Fayetteville is going to be involved.

They're saying incredible-sounding things about this project in news reports.

What's it going to enable NWA to do now that we haven't been able to yet?

commercial development around the airport, for one, not to mention Centerton and Tontitown. this project will vastly increase the amount of buildable land out there. infrastructure is actually ahead of development for a change.

Thanks, Andrew.

BTW, don't know if you saw my compliment to you last week on a different thread...nice story on the "Get juiced" creative folks there at Stribling Packaging.

hadn't seen it. thanks. the competition will be good for that market.