Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hootdawg

Athens/Madison, Part I: MADISON!

hootdawg    0

Roadtrip, last Saturday. Went to Athens, then Madison. Took a few snaps. Hope you enjoy!

First, Madison. Awesome town. Really nicely restored. The pics feature only a section of downtown; there are tons of pre-Civil War homes that were not photographed.

Here goes:

DSC04639.jpg

DSC04615.jpg

DSC04656.jpg

DSC04653.jpg

DSC04621.jpg

DSC04652.jpg

DSC04622.jpg

DSC04651.jpg

DSC04625.jpg

DSC04647.jpg

DSC04627.jpg

DSC04646.jpg

DSC04630.jpg

DSC04644.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04643.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

DSC04642.jpg

DSC04641.jpg

That was Madison. Stay tuned for part II: Athens!

ironchapman    1

Thanks for posting these pictures. I don't think I've ever seen Madison before. It looks like such a charming old town. There seeems to be a real "Southern small town" feel to it. Some beautiful buildings. I love the court house and the mansion. The downtown area looks great as well. Very historic.

hootdawg    0
Thanks for posting these pictures. I don't think I've ever seen Madison before. It looks like such a charming old town. There seeems to be a real "Southern small town" feel to it. Some beautiful buildings. I love the court house and the mansion. The downtown area looks great as well. Very historic.

Martinman    75

I used to love driving through Madison. I don't know much about its history but there are definately some Atlanta expatriates running around there. Great photos!