Tanger Outlet Center Planned in Mebane

DCMetroRaleigh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that there are no immediate plans for a Bass Pro Shops but I think its likely that Alamance County will get the next Bass Pro Shops in the state. Alamance County is quickly becoming the next Cabarrus County. The Mebane area is going to become a hot bed for retail and a residential development boom will follow. Yes there is going to be sprawl and once Mebane is developed, there will be almost continuous sprawl between Raleigh and Greensboro. Orange County has strict development regulations so that will likely be the only big "rural" gap on I-40 between Raleigh and and Greensboro. I also believe that if another theme park is built in North Carolina in the future, it will go in Alamance County attracting patrons from the Triad and Triangle.

• 3 months later...

I just went, and I must say, I am disappointed. Where is the friggin food court and outparcels of sitdown eating establishments? There should be an Outback, Olive Garden, Applebees, etc around similar to what the Leesburg, VA outlets offer in close proximity. The entire area is underdeveloped for a major shopping destination. There should be more ancillary shopping and entertainment. Hopefully the Buckhorn shopping center will be developed to make the area more exciting and a regional draw.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the traffic will warrant additional development around the center, but the lack of food options inside the center was puzzling. :dontknow:

Some burger joint is being built.

There are options outside the mall for dining, including the Blue Ribbon Diner, one I'd personally recommend.

As for the traffic, the sooner they finish the second entrance/exit, the better. The traffic on opening day I expected, and the cops (to their credit) did the best they could - it's the idiotic drivers trying to cut people off on both sides of Mebane Oaks going in and trying to change lanes in bumper-to-bumper traffic AND parking in the Kernodle Clinic parking lots that made it a headache.

Archived