Fried eggs anyone?

gs3

Driving down my street on the way to Fed Ex today, two of the neighbors kids were cracking eggs on the sidewalk. I was waving to their mom and she walked up to the car to chat.....apparently the kids had heard the tale of fried eggs on the pavement in summer heat and decided to try. On a day like to day, it could work. :lol:

Weather channel says 100 in Greenville.....my car said 103.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Driving down my street on the way to Fed Ex today, two of the neighbors kids were cracking eggs on the sidewalk. I was waving to their mom and she walked up to the car to chat.....apparently the kids had heard the tale of fried eggs on the pavement in summer heat and decided to try. On a day like to day, it could work. :lol:

Weather channel says 100 in Greenville.....my car said 103.

Someone with the Texas DOT has a good sense of humor with this one. Have you ever been driving around Frisco/Plano/etc., gsupstate, and noticed the giant yellow reflectors on the turn lanes/etc. which are glued to the pavement with the white adhesive? They look like giant fried eggs, sunny-side up!! :lol: I've got a photo of some of them here somewhere...will try to post it if I can remember to do so.

I was thinking of starting a thread about the heat wave as well. All I can say it this is making me want to move north! This weather absolutely SUCKS!!! :sick:

I was thinking yesterday (wednesday) that that might have been the hottest day ever in the upstate, and darned if it wasn't hotter today (since the average is taken frome the high and the low for the day, and todays low was a degree higher). Some stats on the unbelievably hot weather:

GVille DT past two days: 102

GSP past two days: 104

GSP on Wed: 104/76 Broke or tied four records: Highest temp ever in August, tied highest ever temp at GSP, and daily high and low records, daily average 90

GSP on Thurs: 104/77 ditto on all the above, daily avg. 90.5

Prior to Tuesday, GSP had not reached 100 since mid August of 2000, nearly seven years.

104 has only been recorded twice in the area since records have been kept, once in 1951 (i think) and once on July 31, 1999 ( I remember that day!) Now it has ahppened two days in a row! Unfortunately, it might happen again tommorrow! :shok:

SO what do you think, was today the hottest day ever in Gville? :dontknow:

From what my family is telling me, its not much better up North. My Mom lost power all day yesterday and the day before due to all the drain of the air conditioners. So I'll still take 104 and be able to sit in my central air.

Downtown has been a ghost town. I closed early yesterday and I'am dreading opening up today. I had enough of the triple digit temps.

I had to break out the jacket this morning. It was cool and about 62 out...its 53 outside now, and tomorrow it will be 88...

sorry guys, I couldn't resist.

I will say this much, that because I live in the Merrimack Valley, and close to the Atlantic Ocean, it gets wicked humid and muggy in the summer, so just be glad that you don't live near massive bodies of water.

It is expected to cool down a bit here as well, since the same system you are experiencing is wrapping around and down this way. I noticed it was terribly hot up that way as well this week. September is almost here, so long weeks of Autumn comfort and beauty are right around the corner for us. :wub:

Archived