Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Rebirth of a soda fountain

11 posts in this topic

Took a few photos of the redeveloped Pickwick Soda Fountain. This will be a great addition to the "soda fountain" type of place, along with Northgate. Have to give Pickwick credit, these guys are doing it right. All lighting and furnishings are styled to the period, metal signing, metal bar stools, etc. The menu is suppose to from the period as well. Looks like grand opening is late August. :thumbsup:

A few photos I snapped through the window of the soda fountain under construction:

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03071.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

Wow, that looks great! I hope they're successful business wise. They deserve it. Maybe it can become a great Augusta Rd hang out.

From what i have heard the current owner bought the place from his father and wants to restore to the way he remembers when he was a kid. It will probably turn out pretty neat, i just wonder how well it will actually do.

Wow! This is amazing! I can forsee some memories being made with me and my kids in the not-so-distant future. Thanks for sharing these, gsupstate! I had no idea this was even in the works.

Where exactly on Augusta Road is this?

Wow! This is amazing! I can forsee some memories being made with me and my kids in the not-so-distant future. Thanks for sharing these, gsupstate! I had no idea this was even in the works.

Where exactly on Augusta Road is this?

its in a little shopping center right about where Mauldin Road hits Augusta Road, across from the Goodwill Store.

This is great! It is very nice to hear of improvements outside of the West End and Downtown, especially up that end of Augusta. I hope they do well also.

That area seemed a little sketchy before and will definately benefit from this investment.

That area seemed a little sketchy before and will definately benefit from this investment.

That area has quite a diverse array of neighborhoods surrounding it. The shops of the center kind of illustrate this. You have (or used to have) a Club, a cash advance/pawn shop, and then a tack store, The Shops of Provence, and Pickwick Pharmacy. The latter three being supported more by the ritzy Augusta Street crowd.

Took a few photos of the redeveloped Pickwick Soda Fountain. This will be a great addition to the "soda fountain" type of place, along with Northgate. Have to give Pickwick credit, these guys are doing it right. All lighting and furnishings are styled to the period, metal signing, metal bar stools, etc. The menu is suppose to from the period as well. Looks like grand opening is late August.

Gsupstate, how do you manage to be everywhere, all the time? I live just a few blocks from this place (off Old Augusta Rd) and I didn't notice any activity at all!!

^ I think I have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). :lol:

Work from my laptop and just stay active. :)