Rebirth of a soda fountain

gs3

Took a few photos of the redeveloped Pickwick Soda Fountain. This will be a great addition to the "soda fountain" type of place, along with Northgate. Have to give Pickwick credit, these guys are doing it right. All lighting and furnishings are styled to the period, metal signing, metal bar stools, etc. The menu is suppose to from the period as well. Looks like grand opening is late August. :thumbsup:

A few photos I snapped through the window of the soda fountain under construction:

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03071.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That area has quite a diverse array of neighborhoods surrounding it. The shops of the center kind of illustrate this. You have (or used to have) a Club, a cash advance/pawn shop, and then a tack store, The Shops of Provence, and Pickwick Pharmacy. The latter three being supported more by the ritzy Augusta Street crowd.

Took a few photos of the redeveloped Pickwick Soda Fountain. This will be a great addition to the "soda fountain" type of place, along with Northgate. Have to give Pickwick credit, these guys are doing it right. All lighting and furnishings are styled to the period, metal signing, metal bar stools, etc. The menu is suppose to from the period as well. Looks like grand opening is late August.

Gsupstate, how do you manage to be everywhere, all the time? I live just a few blocks from this place (off Old Augusta Rd) and I didn't notice any activity at all!!

Archived