Belle's BBQ Moving

jednc

I was downtown the other day and noticed a flier taped to the windows of Belle's BBQ. It said they were moving to the spot Daddy's occupied. Both restaurants were closed with windows taped up. I wonder what gives? I know they are owned by the same guy. I wonder if they are switching places or if Daddy's is closing.

FWIW: Am I the only one who thinks the name Daddy's is CREEPY??? I feel dirty just having typed it several times here... :huh:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Menage and Belles have closed and the old owner of Tonic is taking over. The owner of the building ran Menage (Stephan LaTorre) and he also owns the retail level of Ivey's, where Daddy's is.

Yes, Daddy's is a creepy name -- I always expected to see leather daddy's coming out with their slaves!

I went there the other day. First time in Daddy's. I'm not sure what to make of it. Its a great location, but it feels like its trying too hard to be a laid-back bar. Daddy's is a weird place, but they are now serving Belles BBQ along with their other menu items. So if you want Belles, go there.

Are there any other BBQ joints in center city that are worth a crap? I've been to Mert's. They have BBQ, but its not really their specialty- you know?

Thats really dissapointing. You North Carolinians rave about how great your BBQ is and yet there is littel to be found around here. That said, I understand that the best BBQ joints are out in the sticks, but still you'd think there'd be more around. I'll have to give Mac's a try. Are any of the places in Wilkinson worth going to? I think I recall some of those places advertizeing bbq.....

Fridays during lunch near Trade & Tryon, Red's BBQ sets up. Good stuff. They were once slated to open a store in the arena, but they backed out.

Thats really dissapointing. You North Carolinians rave about how great your BBQ is and yet there is littel to be found around here. That said, I understand that the best BBQ joints are out in the sticks, but still you'd think there'd be more around. I'll have to give Mac's a try. Are any of the places in Wilkinson worth going to? I think I recall some of those places advertizeing bbq.....

"Near" as in around the Square somewhere? or off the square a ways?

BBQ King is as good for burgers/onion rings as it is for BBQ (tastes almost exactly like South 21).

For my money, Mac's just blows everything else out of the water. Not only are the sandwiches HUGE (if you order them that way), but I haven't tasted anything inside the city that even comes close.

Mac's Brisket was also mentioned on a short segment during a Monday night Panther's game last season. They've been getting a lot of positive publicity.

They are opening one at Lake Norman in the fall in the former Maria's Corner Restaurant location which they are renovating now.

BBQ King is as good for burgers/onion rings as it is for BBQ (tastes almost exactly like South 21).

For my money, Mac's just blows everything else out of the water. Not only are the sandwiches HUGE (if you order them that way), but I haven't tasted anything inside the city that even comes close.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived