Newseum Pennsylvania Ave. NW

skylinefan

I thought I would start a develoment discussion about the Newseum quickly going up Downtown on Pennsylvania Ave. Recently the development has run into some snags causing the grand opening to be delayed. I would like to hear what you all think about the design, the problems and the use of this prime property.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Newseum Scheduled to Open in April

The Newseum is running all the presses for an April deadline. The building may possibly be less than successful in an architectural sense. Emblazoning the Bill of Rights on the facade is a bold move, but one which may not work in strictly architectural terms. I have not quite made my mind up to hate the building entirely. Perhaps a walk down Pennsylvania Avenue is in order for me in the near future. The Washington Post does not appear to care for the building.

The Washington Post

Link to Photos- Washington Post

Went to the The Source by Wolfgang Puck restaurant and bar in the Newseum on Tuesday and I must say the martini's (Cucumber) my friend and I had were some of the best I have ever tasted. The apetizers were equisite especially the mini-hamburgers, spring rolls and mini-crabcakes. Beware the Source is somewhat on the expensive side, but the quality of food was second to none.

I actually love the Newseum, fits in perfectly with this block of Pennsylvania Ave. The newspapers from around the world in the front are very interesting. I definately agree that the location on Pensylvania Ave. between the White House and the Capitol makes a formidable statement about the free press' place in a democratic society. I cannot wait for the newseum to open up on April 11th.

Archived