The 1 Thing I want to see DT would be?

gvsusean

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...a fresh market/grocery store so we don't have to drive out to McSuburbs and buy at large chains

...a waterpark/hotel - maybe not now that Walker may get theirs

Above all, a corporate headquarters complete with a 40 story, 520' gleaming new tower, residential space for live-work capability, and a movie theatre built into the sub-floors.

Or a Quizno's I guess.

...a fresh market/grocery store so we don't have to drive out to McSuburbs and buy at large chains

...a waterpark/hotel - maybe not now that Walker may get theirs

Above all, a corporate headquarters complete with a 40 story, 520' gleaming new tower, residential space for live-work capability, and a movie theatre built into the sub-floors.

Or a Quizno's I guess.

I would like to see some national retailers to provide a good mix of local/national destinations. Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS support our local businesses. I just think that some people need that familiar name to bring them down here (talking about Urban Outfitters, Pottery Barn, Gap type businesses). If a good, national retailer moved into the old City Market, I am SURE that Little Bohemia and Gina's would see increased sales.

I suppose it would be a major local company's headquarters. Seeing how the situation is probably not in favor for a downtown move from most obvious companies maybe a few mid-rise buildings peppered throughout. I'd like to see these buildings full of small out-of-state companies.

The current downtown "plan" seems to build on the philosophy that more bodies will nurture an environment of progress.

A full-service supermarket. The kind of place that charges 16 cents for each plastic shopping bag used as an incentive go bring your own(like Irish supermarkets are doing now; it cuts way back on litter.) Oh, and customers who are bicyclists, scooter/moped/motorcyclists and pedestrians get cash rebates for not hogging space in a parking lot.

More retail, and especially places that would be open evenings and weekends. One or two larger national chains could really help lure people downtown, with the rest of the storefronts being filled by a mix of local and national stores. I'd really like to see another bookstore, but maybe a bigger name in a more visible location.

A late-night or even 24-hour restaurant would also be a great addition. Not yet another bar, and not some upscale restaurant with high prices, but a restaurant where you can get a decent meal at a decent price. A place where you could get together and just talk about nothing.....

tomsnologo.jpg

Archived