Charlotte's 'Beautiful People Club'

I was looking at the local news online and caught this article on WGHP out of the Triad. Evidently a group of young, hip, model like residents of Charlotte have started a 'Beautiful People's Club' to keep their kind together. They cite that the size of the city and it's becoming more cosmopolitan has warranted this.

I find this group very shallow and vain... however they seem to have some a following on their hompage and their MySpace Page

I guess they don't like the typical Southern Rednecks in Charlotte :silly:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this story just a little ironic since all they have really done is make explicit a policy that has always been implicit at high end clubs across the country. And since they were stupid enough to make such a move the club will thankfully fail, all those beautiful people are not going to want that level of negative attention just to grab a drink or a date. Then again it might be a smashing success, hard to say any more...

I was looking at the local news online and caught this article on WGHP out of the Triad. Evidently a group of young, hip, model like residents of Charlotte have started a 'Beautiful People's Club' to keep their kind together. They cite that the size of the city and it's becoming more cosmopolitan has warranted this.

I find this group very shallow and vain... however they seem to have some a following on their hompage and their MySpace Page

I guess they don't like the typical Southern Rednecks in Charlotte :silly:

Ok, I saw the clip from the news over the weekend. Since they have chosen to be so shallow as to call themselves the "Beautiful" people (and IMO opened themselves up to shallow criticism for it), why does the founder appear to have skipped the admissions policy? Obviously he is just looking for a way to surround himself with what he considers beautiful: strippers and meat-heads~! :)

Archived