Update.......Little Rock National Airport.

22 hours ago, arky said:

Outside of NYC, what are the other potential routes that might make sense?

SLC, which Delta used to have, would be a start.  It should serve as Delta's gateway to points westward.   Other than DFW on AA, there really is no westward gateway from LIT.  You either go north (ORD) or east (ATL) to go west.  

SLC, which Delta used to have, would be a start.  It should serve as Delta's gateway to points westward.   Other than DFW on AA, there really is no westward gateway from LIT.  You either go north (ORD) or east (ATL) to go west.  

SWA has direct Las Vegas and Phoenix.

But I TOTALLY agree about SLC. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they don’t add that route, given the sheer amount of traffic they handle at LIT solely through ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Architect said:

SWA has direct Las Vegas and Phoenix.

But I TOTALLY agree about SLC. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they don’t add that route, given the sheer amount of traffic they handle at LIT solely through ATL.

And United has direct to Denver. Took it on a trip to LA last week.  A direct to LAX would be nice. 

Edited by ndark

On 5/12/2019 at 6:31 AM, Architect said:

I think your perspective is a bit circumstantial. Service is expanded not just through connections, but frequency of flights and upgraded equipment/larger aircraft. LIT has been awarded more of the later recently, but the former will also come in due time.

I appreciate increased frequency to current cities and upgraded equipment but I also think that growth over the past year should also lead to service to other cities not currently served from LIT.  Nonstops to New York and LA would be on top of the list for me.

• Like 1

Via Airline has discontinued its service between Little Rock and Austin. Apparently they are having problems retaining pilots and other money issues. I also read where they have discontinued service in Birmingham and never started service in Mobil that they said they would.

• 2 months later...

Starting January 1, Southwest is resuming direct LIT-HOU flights.  Apparently, this is at the expense of one daily DAL flight (so down to 2x daily to Love Field, which is a bit shocking).  At least this isn't as bad as OKC, which is losing direct DAL service altogether.  Maybe frequency will resume to DAL once Boeing works out the Max8 situation and resumes deliveries to SWA, which is suffering greatly with lack of new equipment.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I attempted to book the nonstop LIT–DTW flight on Delta, but it was not available. From what I gathered through searching, it will not be available until March. I guess Delta has made this a seasonal service route.

We desperately need a SLC or MSP flight on Delta. It is so frustrating to fly to ATL to go west. 

I attempted to book the nonstop LIT–DTW flight on Delta, but it was not available. From what I gathered through searching, it will not be available until March. I guess Delta has made this a seasonal service route.
We desperately need a SLC or MSP flight on Delta. It is so frustrating to fly to ATL to go west. 

That is SO weird. So it is available in March? Delta does a HUGE amount of traffic in LIT. We used to have an SLC flight. I can’t figure out why they won’t diversify their traffic.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:25 AM, jnholmes said:

Yes, this route has been seasonal for a couple of years now.  I do not understand why Delta refuses to add any more service to LIT other than ATL.  Especially for those traveling west out of LIT, Delta really just isn't even an option.  Delta operates nearly a quarter of all LIT passengers, and I'd say 95% of that is to ATL.  They could easily expand their market share here with a route to their western hub in SLC or even MSP.  Pretty much the only options for traveling west out of LIT are AA to DFW, SWA to PHX or DAL, or United to IAH or DEN (on a CRJ-200).

Yes, this route has been seasonal for a couple of years now.  I do not understand why Delta refuses to add any more service to LIT other than ATL.  Especially for those traveling west out of LIT, Delta really just isn't even an option.  Delta operates nearly a quarter of all LIT passengers, and I'd say 95% of that is to ATL.  They could easily expand their market share here with a route to their western hub in SLC or even MSP.  Pretty much the only options for traveling west out of LIT are AA to DFW, SWA to PHX or DAL, or United to IAH or DEN (on a CRJ-200).

Plus Frontier to Denver and also Southwest to Las Vegas.

Did I miss this? 
Starting January 6, Southwest is bringing back the LIT-HOU nonstop flights that ceased in 2014.  

Yes, but strangely at the expense of one DAL flight (from 3 daily to 2). I guess that beats OKC, which no longer even has direct DAL service on SWA.

23 hours ago, Architect said:

Yes, but strangely at the expense of one DAL flight (from 3 daily to 2). I guess that beats OKC, which no longer even has direct DAL service on SWA.

Oh, yes!  I do recall that now thanks to the OKC discussion.  It is weird that OKC to DAL is no longer nonstop.  

• 4 weeks later...

The November passenger count has been released and for the month a decline of 3,000 + is listed.  American was the only airline to see an increase(9,000+) while Southwest experienced a monthly decline of almost 8,000.  Year to date the total surpassed 2 million in November instead of December 2018.

The November passenger count has been released and for the month a decline of 3,000 + is listed.  American was the only airline to see an increase(9,000+) while Southwest experienced a monthly decline of almost 8,000.  Year to date the total surpassed 2 million in November instead of December 2018.

It was an aberration/technicality this year as the heaviest travel day of 2019 fell in December rather than November in 2018...so really it wasn’t down if adjusted for that fact.

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Architect said:

Southwest announced service from LIT to DEN (Denver) begins December 17, 2020.  Southwest expects to be back to full capacity by the end of the year.

Interesting that they are announcing service to a new destination during this time. A) they must be really confident that travel will be back to levels before the pandemic and B) are they taking a destination from Little Rock to add Denver?

12 hours ago, theman said:

Interesting that they are announcing service to a new destination during this time. A) they must be really confident that travel will be back to levels before the pandemic and B) are they taking a destination from Little Rock to add Denver?

That's a good question, and something I wondered as well, but I didn't see any indication of any other change in service (even reviewing the forums on airliners dot net).

3 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

I hope this isn't seasonal for the crazy winter fans.  I would love to use Southwest to get to Denver next spring and summer.   I know Frontier has direct flights but they are only offered on Thursdays and Sundays, I think.  

One thing I noticed when looking for more info on LIT's website is that it doesn't appear United is serving Denver any longer?   That's a shock, and news to me.  I thought both Frontier and United served Denver, and that SWA was a 3rd entrant.  Curious.

13 hours ago, Architect said:

One thing I noticed when looking for more info on LIT's website is that it doesn't appear United is serving Denver any longer?   That's a shock, and news to me.  I thought both Frontier and United served Denver, and that SWA was a 3rd entrant.  Curious.

United did have service from Little Rock to Denver before the pandemic hit. Maybe they removed that service because of reduced demand. I saw on LIT’s website that there are no direct flights to Charlotte and DC on American as well.  Probably because of the same reason. Some of the Southwest direct flights we had previously are gone as well. Let’s hope these and the other direct flights come back when demand increases. 

United did have service from Little Rock to Denver before the pandemic hit. Maybe they removed that service because of reduced demand. I saw on LIT’s website that there are no direct flights to Charlotte and DC on American as well.  Probably because of the same reason. Some of the Southwest direct flights we had previously are gone as well. Let’s hope these and the other direct flights come back when demand increases. 

Good point. I didn’t study it that closely. That makes sense, and would undoubtedly be a similar issue at every airport. It’s certainly thrown everything into disarray.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:58 PM, Architect said:

Someone needs to tell United this.  I see direct flights from LIT to DEN in August.  

United Airlines - Flights LIT to DEN nonstop

• Like 1