LRguy21

Update.......Little Rock National Airport.

22 hours ago, arky said:

Outside of NYC, what are the other potential routes that might make sense?

SLC, which Delta used to have, would be a start.  It should serve as Delta's gateway to points westward.   Other than DFW on AA, there really is no westward gateway from LIT.  You either go north (ORD) or east (ATL) to go west.  

SLC, which Delta used to have, would be a start.  It should serve as Delta's gateway to points westward.   Other than DFW on AA, there really is no westward gateway from LIT.  You either go north (ORD) or east (ATL) to go west.  

SWA has direct Las Vegas and Phoenix.

But I TOTALLY agree about SLC. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they don’t add that route, given the sheer amount of traffic they handle at LIT solely through ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Architect said:

SWA has direct Las Vegas and Phoenix.

But I TOTALLY agree about SLC. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they don’t add that route, given the sheer amount of traffic they handle at LIT solely through ATL.

And United has direct to Denver. Took it on a trip to LA last week.  A direct to LAX would be nice. 

Edited by ndark

1 hour ago, ndark said:

And United has direct to Denver. Took it on a trip to LA last week.  A direct to LAX would be nice. 

...and also Frontier to Denver.  I totally forgot about Denver!

On 5/12/2019 at 6:31 AM, Architect said:

I think your perspective is a bit circumstantial. Service is expanded not just through connections, but frequency of flights and upgraded equipment/larger aircraft. LIT has been awarded more of the later recently, but the former will also come in due time.

I appreciate increased frequency to current cities and upgraded equipment but I also think that growth over the past year should also lead to service to other cities not currently served from LIT.  Nonstops to New York and LA would be on top of the list for me.

• Like 1

Via Airline has discontinued its service between Little Rock and Austin. Apparently they are having problems retaining pilots and other money issues. I also read where they have discontinued service in Birmingham and never started service in Mobil that they said they would.

Starting January 1, Southwest is resuming direct LIT-HOU flights.  Apparently, this is at the expense of one daily DAL flight (so down to 2x daily to Love Field, which is a bit shocking).  At least this isn't as bad as OKC, which is losing direct DAL service altogether.  Maybe frequency will resume to DAL once Boeing works out the Max8 situation and resumes deliveries to SWA, which is suffering greatly with lack of new equipment.