jacksonville makes list

soulbro

I seen an issue of Black Enterprise Magazine in which Jacksonville Florida made the list for best cities for african americans to live in. I went to Jacksonville in 2005 for a visit and I fell in love with it. Sure Sadly I realize the crime issue going on there but I also met some cool people there. Many african americans, white, and latin and what shocked me was everybody was cool to me. I'm a black man from Los Angeles and it's not good race relation wise in L.A. aka Hell A california as they call it nowdays. My visit to j'ville made me really consider a move there and now being that it made the list I'm really going to consider a move there. To those who live in j'ville I know it's some problems in J'ville but what I want to know from fellow brothas and sistas who live in J'ville is it a good place to open a business? I notice when I went I did see a lot of black businesses there more so than here in Hell A where you see more asian and latin businesses here as far as minorities goes.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seen an issue of Black Enterprise Magazine in which Jacksonville Florida made the list for best cities for african americans to live in. I went to Jacksonville in 2005 for a visit and I fell in love with it. Sure Sadly I realize the crime issue going on there but I also met some cool people there. Many african americans, white, and latin and what shocked me was everybody was cool to me. I'm a black man from Los Angeles and it's not good race relation wise in L.A. aka Hell A california as they call it nowdays. My visit to j'ville made me really consider a move there and now being that it made the list I'm really going to consider a move there. To those who live in j'ville I know it's some problems in J'ville but what I want to know from fellow brothas and sistas who live in J'ville is it a good place to open a business? I notice when I went I did see a lot of black businesses there more so than here in Hell A where you see more asian and latin businesses here as far as minorities goes.

A signifcantly sized Black population. If a business caters to Black tastes, it's pretty hard to be viable in a city where there just aren't that many Blacks. Furthermore, many Blacks (including myself) like to do business with other Blacks whenever possible, and it's more difficult to do that when there just isn't a whole lot of us around.

To those who live in j'ville I know it's some problems in J'ville but what I want to know from fellow brothas and sistas who live in J'ville is it a good place to open a business? I notice when I went I did see a lot of black businesses there more so than here in Hell A where you see more asian and latin businesses here as far as minorities goes.

Archived