Your favorite News Source

tamias6

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly, I read what I can find online.

Google News, AJC.com (the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's website), blogs, etc.

Occaisonally, I'll read the local newspaper--mostly for local news. I also watch CNN and Fox News every now and then. I listen to talk radio, too.

For my news I usually get it from BBC or CNN. For CNN, I primarily watch Lou Dobbs and AC 360 (sometimes the Situation Room) when I have the time mostly because they are my two favorite reporters and talk about problems I'm most concerned with. I only read the local paper if there is a story dealing with local issues that I'm interested in.

I have a variety: CNN, PBS, BBC for national and international news, The Birmingham News for the local issues, and sometimes I check out the local stations in my area.

Raintree21, you are not alone, I have noticed quality has began to tread down once again on CNN. It seems like they are running into programming problems once again.

As many sources as possible since they all have their spin. Local and national print, local and national TV news, CNN, BBC, NPR, and online. I avoid overly opinionated shows on all networks -- I just want the news and facts so I can determine how I feel about it, I don't need a nitwit anchor letting me know how angry I should be.

I tend to read Yahoo a lot for news, since that's the home page on my computer.

For newspapers, I tend to read whatever is around. I prefer the Boston Globe. For Connecticut, either the Hartford Courant or New Haven Register. For NY, the Daily News.

For TV:

Boston local: WCVB 5 ABC

Conn. local: mostly WVIT 30 NBC, sometimes WFSB 3 CBS (esp. for mornings)

6:30 evening news: ABC

Cable: CNN or MSNBC ... but I can't stand the prime time lineups on any network. Especially Fox ... and CNN's Nancy Grace, who along with Bill O'Reilly I hope disappears and never gets to speak to public audience ever again.

Archived