Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

Church shooting in Neosho

7 posts in this topic

Haven't seen a lot of details out. It's not exactly in our metro but it's pretty close. Apparently there was a shooting at a church in Neosho. Sounds like there could be 2-6 people dead. But I don't know how accurate the news coming out is so far.

Just to update, sounds like 25 to 50 people were held hostage. Somewhere between 5-10 people were shot. Three are dead and several more injured.

Just to update, sounds like 25 to 50 people were held hostage. Somewhere between 5-10 people were shot. Three are dead and several more injured.

These shootings are a tragedy no matter where they take place. The shooting was personal and had nothing to do with it being in a church. There's just a bunch of very sick people in the world!

Neosho shooting

Here's link to the story but it is strange that it was a largely Latino congregation with the with the service in Spanish and the story says it was being led by aa Pacific islands group. That sounds more like it might be a Marshalese church.

Neosho shooting

Here's link to the story but it is strange that it was a largely Latino congregation with the with the service in Spanish and the story says it was being led by aa Pacific islands group. That sounds more like it might be a Marshalese church.

The way I understood it, the church building belongs to a Latino congregation who allows other groups to meet there. My guess is that the Latino congregation meets on Sunday morning or evening (or both), and the Marshallese group meets in the afternoon when the building is vacant. Lots of churches do this, to help out smaller congregations who don't have the resources for their own building.