Karl Rove has put in his resignation as Political Advisor

kayman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story was on yahoo headlines this morning showing a pic of a smiling, affable Rove. His cherubic look is truly frightening. This is a man who has used Richard Nixon's political tactics to go much further than the Nixon White House ever did.

This is a man who shamelessly smeared John McCain in the 2000 South Carolina Rep. primary. He spread sensationalistic rumours about McCain, and claimed his role as one of GWB's bulldogs.

Rove has been behind all sorts of unscrupulous activities-----at the top of the list outing Valerie Plame, and the firing of US attorneys. These are the legacies of a man with a cherubic and affable public persona, who in reality is as dangerous as they come.

I assume this means he'll get a pardon too.

Should we assume the rat is leaving the sinking ship or is he really tired and resigning to spend more time with his family? One has to wonder if he really knows that the foundation made of sand is about to wash away. It is interesting timing while the "executive privilege" and "contempt of congress" issues are at hand. If he no longer works for the executive branch, he can no longer claim that privilege.

It's about time he stepped down. I believe Rove has been a negative influence on Bush and others in the administration. One of the reasons Bush was elected was because people were tired of politics as usual. Instead they carried on what the Clinton administration perfected.

It's about time he stepped down. I believe Rove has been a negative influence on Bush and others in the administration. One of the reasons Bush was elected was because people were tired of politics as usual. Instead they carried on what the Clinton administration perfected.

It's just like all the other chicken hawks in the Bush administration. The are happy to send others to fight their ill conceived wars, yet when the going gets tough for them personally they run for the hills. Bush only has Cheney, Gonzolas and Condi left and I note that he is now holding meetings in his Dad's house. Just like every other business he destroyed, he is looking for Bush Sr to bail him out and it appears this now includes the United States of America.

I hope Americans have now awoken from their long stupor and vote out asses such as this bunch. It still amazes me that so many in the GOP still support this bunch when it is obvious they have failed at every single thing they said they would do for the country. Karl Rove in his pursuit of power at any cost had made the United States pay a dear price and one that is still being counted up.

He'll probably run for Dark Overlord of the new Imperial States of America... man I hope we never see him again. What will Georgie do now? I guess there's nothing left to do... the mess is complete.

By the end of 2008 will Gonzo, Rove, Libby, Cheney and Rumsfeldt be given full pardons? Will Bush be able to give himself a preemptive pardon before leaving office?

President Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes "he may have committed". Could Bush pardon himself and all those other sinister people, using the same legal premise?

Archived