Alliance Center

Florida

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I just happend to be watching the replay of the 9/26/07 City Commission Meeting last night and I tuned in right about the time they were discussing the Alliance Center. Commissioner Lightsey was talking about the relatively small size of the seven live/work condo units that are apparently going to be opening up onto a courtyard of sorts in the back of the building. Does anyone know anything about these residential units (renderings would be nice :rolleyes: ) as this was the first that I had heard about residential units being included in the project (I thought that it was only going to be 1st floor retail with office space above)?

Just curious.......

Those look like some pretty small living spaces and there are no bathrooms or kitchens! Looks like you'll need to rely on a bed pan and a hot plate. Haha. Maybe the rendering is incorrect? Looks like the exact same layout for that area as floors 3-5. What is the plan for floor 2? There was none shown in the rendering...

...and a valuable 2 cents at that.

I've tried to look-up the term on Wiki and I didn't find anything meaningful. I think The Cloisters and 417 Park were also marked the same way. I can't say much for 417 Park, but the live/work units at the Cloisters are no more than small offices below an actual home. I believe most of the families in the Cloister complex use their "work" space as a den, entertainment room, or 3rd bedroom.

UPdate{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Alliance Center

PTFCMBupdate024.jpg

PTFCMBupdate028.jpg

PTFCMBupdate026.jpg

AFL-CIO now sits all by itself! :)

PTFCMBupdate025.jpg

Here comes StarMetro!

PTFCMBupdate030.jpg

This bank building is 90% vacant. I'm not sure why it survived the wrecking ball!

PTFCMBupdate029.jpg

And finally the site. It appears to be completely cleared. I've been meaning to get around to the back side, but I've just been so lazy lately! I'm going to get it together, I promise!

I just happend to be watching the replay of the 9/26/07 City Commission Meeting last night and I tuned in right about the time they were discussing the Alliance Center. Commissioner Lightsey was talking about the relatively small size of the seven live/work condo units that are apparently going to be opening up onto a courtyard of sorts in the back of the building. Does anyone know anything about these residential units (renderings would be nice :rolleyes: ) as this was the first that I had heard about residential units being included in the project (I thought that it was only going to be 1st floor retail with office space above)?

Just curious.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived