Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Alliance Center

TD    1
Yeah I can see the rendering, but just because the facade is concrete doesn't mean the building is constructed out of it. We don't even know the final product will be concrete based on a rendering alone.

TD    1
I don't think you can build a 5 story building (with a parking deck below) out of wood. It would have to be concrete or steel. Based on the construction of the full elevator tower prior to any of the other parts of the building, my guess is steel.

Steel... hummm... That would be really quick going up then right? Topped out fast sounds good to me. I can't believe more hasn't happened lately. Maybe they are adding more floors... walk up only! lol. no.

TD    1

Hmm, So I did a walk up inspection on sunday and apparently no other work has been done at the Alliance center site besides the shaft of glory. Maybe the developer is short on free cash flow and is waiting for market conditions to improve.

Florida    0
Hmm, So I did a walk up inspection on sunday and apparently no other work has been done at the Alliance center site besides the shaft of glory. Maybe the developer is short on free cash flow and is waiting for market conditions to improve.

TD    1
The space in this building is nearly 100% reserved. I'd imagine we're waiting on some materials or perhaps in the process of hiring workers.

thetoolman    0
Steel... hummm... That would be really quick going up then right? Topped out fast sounds good to me. I can't believe more hasn't happened lately. Maybe they are adding more floors... walk up only! lol. no.

TD    1
photo-2.jpg

Remember that the foundation takes the longest. Looks like this should climb pretty quick now.

ea99    0

I think he's talking about the steel columns in the picture. I was gonna post that I saw a semi trailer full of the steel at the site this morning, but looks like he beat me to it.

josefk    0
I think he's talking about the steel columns in the picture. I was gonna post that I saw a semi trailer full of the steel at the site this morning, but looks like he beat me to it.

thetoolman    0
I have been off this site for months, but can share a few things about this building.

First, it will be a steel structure. Ironwood Construction should start the steel erection this week (look for the crane to show up today or tomorrow??? - it will be a relatively small 30-ton crane). Ironwood is a sub to Culpepper on this project. Ironwood's iron workers have been held up a little on another job site, but the bigger issue is the steel coming from the fabricator. Timing on this project is very important. I believe Ironwood is expecting 43 trucks of steel, and there is little to no staging area at this job site, and they are not allowed to block any lanes of Monroe with trucks/equipment. Mostly the steel will need to be picked directly off the truck and set in place, and as they start completing parts of the building, the job site will get smaller (I think they are working west to east).

Strictly guessing, it will take about 10 weeks for the building steel to be fully erected, and then they will likely pour the elevated floors with concrete (4-6 weeks)?

I'll try to learn a little more about what is coming.

TD    1
What a triumphant return! From the sound of it you have been too busy being the foreman on this job to visit the forums much.

The individual iron pieces for this project are relatively small, so the 30 ton crane makes sense. Especially given the size of the site. Hopefully they have a enough room behind the building on the site to put the last few pieces in place, assuming a W to E assembly.

Fantastic return indeed. I like to have a little warning before cranes go up. If i notice them driving i usually lose a little focus! LOL... the foreman?! Really? Baller.

TD    1

More pix! These are from the meet up yesterday!

2001632035618319907_rs.jpg

2001639414121614334_rs.jpg

2001663081661317347_rs.jpg

2001674231202699519_rs.jpg

It appears the lonely Shaft of Glory is lonely no more!