Alliance Center

Florida

These pictures are great TD! Thank you. :)

Thinking back....

Well I'm so happy you asked that... I think Sonny would try us again, he had quick success and seems to be more reliable at getting it done, and getting it done on time.

Here's the next site he should develop. He should build taller than the Tennyson here.

DSCF1738.jpg

It is this block that kills our downtown. And if developed properly, a high rise building here would dramatically change the way Tallahassee's skyline looks.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPdate: February 24, 2008

While I'm posting this I can't remember if it was JBarber or Glenn who was the one telling us about the way the construction crew is having to coordinate the work on this building, but one thing that stuck with me is that you? said that they would pick up the pace, and they sure have!! I was very excited to see how far this project has come and I can't wait to see it a month from now. Hopefully the completion of this facility and the new patrons may generate some buzz for our other downtown office projects!

february24058wg9.jpg

february24020sf3.jpg

february24013ft9.jpg

february24012hc6.jpg

february24011ho8.jpg

This project is a true enhancement of that piece of Monroe. With the active uses planned for the ground floor, and those at the Tennyson, the vision of seeing more people using downtown Tallahassee beyond 5 moves a step closer.

The Tennyson:

Is still offering 8,600 sq. feet. of retail space on its ground floor that they are willing to divide.

retailSpace.gif

retail.gif

They are trying to triple net-lease the space $19.50 per square feet, which means the developer will secure the cost of maintenance, taxes, and other fees for the space.

Or trying to sell the space for $990,000.

Alliance:

7,000 Square Feet of First Floor Retail, I believe they are willing to divide this space also.

I dont understand why no one has located in the Tennyson's ground floor, it seems perfect for a quickie mart/grocery store or a restaurant.

I guess the rent is too much hopefully the owners will slash prices so that they can get something down there

I think that would come at the expense of their residents. I don't quite understand why they didn't dedicate some parking space for their retail, now they're suffering the cost of this oversight. From what I'm told the people at the Tennyson are eagerly awaiting the parking project across the street at the Floridan.

Meanwhile, I'd think the same concerns would hold true for the Alliance building. However, it may be the case that they have some parking dedicated this project as well.

Speaking of parking for both. I've been very concerned with that parking garage at the corner of Calhoun and Park Avenue... seems it's been coming apart, and I don't see any repairs in sight. Does anyone know if that parking garage/area is related to the Alliance project?

Archived