Bannerman Crossings

mattcfsu28

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Firehouse, Wing place, and Pinch a Penny are open. American BodyWorks will be opening around the middle of November...I signed up for my membership yesterday. Looks like a China and Japanese restaurant are going in. I'm excited to finally have some food options out this way.

I'd like more info on the gym too. I live right down the street, but travel to the Gold's over on Cap Circle NE. Gold's has a good deal right now where I'm only paying $20 / month. Can this place come close to that?

Also - there's a Crepes restaurant ("The CrepeVine" I think?) in Bannerman Crossings. So far though, all that's there is their menu on the door. The Japanese place looks like they may open in a month or so. There's also another place with a counter up front - looks llike it might be a dry cleaner (which I think would do very well at that location).

Mike

--

It looks like there will be a Chinese & Japanese place...two separate places. There is also a sign for Baskin Robbins by the road but I can't figure out where they are going.

As for the gym...it is a small place but looks like they will have really nice equipment. It is a 24 hour gym but there are no group classes like Gold's has. I was one of the 1st 100 or so to sign up so I got in on the special deal...$27 per month. This is more expensive than Gold's but since it is close to the house I will be more likely to actually go. I think the real membership price is $34 a month. I signed a one year contract...once the one year is up it goes month to month after that. I know I could have gone elsewhere for cheaper but it's all about convenience for me.

abwed07 thanks for the clarification on the eating places. Man you guys are getting a lot of food choices up that way. I wonder if this Baskin Robbins will be owned by the same folks that own the one in Midtown on T'ville Rd? I believe this will be only the 2nd BR franchise in town?

As for the gym membership abwed07 I too think convenience plays an important role in this. If this new gym is much closer to your house and you'll use it more, who cares if it costs more. If you visit it even one more time a week and use less gas to get there, you've already saved your money on the difference. Good decision IMHO.

^ I agree about the convenience factor...especially these days. Glad the far NE area is getting so many choices out their way...it's about time. Can't wait for the new bowling complex to open on Kerry Forest Pkwy.

Poonther, I think there's also a Baskin Robbins located in the K-Mart Plaza on Apalachee Parkway. There used to be one there but I don't know if it's still there or not since I haven't been to that center since Publix moved.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been monitoring the development for signs of the Starbucks. To my shock, I also saw the Dunkin Donuts sign in the window next to Firehouse Subs. I had read that Dunkin Donuts was doing a significant expansion in the area.

This will be very bad news for my wife who commutes to South Georgia. She was looking forward to the Starbucks drive-through very much. Dunkin Donuts' coffee is OK, but we definitely prefer Starbucks. The Kerry Forest store is in the wrong direction for her and doesn't have a drive-through. There are no options between Bradfordville and Thomasville.

The area could use more dinner options IMHO. I often go to FGF, Bonefish Grill, or Georgio's. Z. Bhardi's is very good, but the closing time has been very variable in the past.

The big need for the area is a Lowes or Home Depot. The Kerry Forest Ace Hardware and Wal-Mart have some things, but I often can't get needed materials for repairs or projects.

I dont know if those stores (HD and Lowes) could justify putting in more stores when they have locations 4 miles down the road from Kerry Forest. But I would agree that they could use some more food options. Have you been to the new American Grill? (I think is the name, which used to be Ruby Sky)

^ Hmm, I dont know then. I remember someone from that church saying that they were planning on building a massive church there...like a regional mega-church type complex. That may have been put on hold.

I agree with you though...there is more going on out there than meets the eye off of Thomasville Rd. Its a nice area.

I'm sad to say I had to Google several of those areas you guys are talking about. It's like a whole other world up there, but I'm glad to learn about the activity. One of these sunny but cold winter weekends, I'll need to do a "drive-by" out that direction.

GG I am not a fan at all of those mega churches (like the one in O-town just off I-4 @ the F'banks curve) and I'm not really sure why. I guess I grew up in a rather small church and just like it that way. My cousins attended one of those mega churches and it just always felt weird to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived