conspiracies about secret underground bases and complex tunnel systems

cityboi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a research project for you.

Go find out if Ronald Reagan and his criminal buddies really did try to commit genocide in the gay and urban black communities back in the early 80s. With crack, AIDS, whatever. You seem to be good at finding out these sort of government conspiracies.

Go find out if Ronald Reagan and his criminal buddies really did try to commit genocide in the gay and urban black communities back in the early 80s. With crack, AIDS, whatever. You seem to be good at finding out these sort of government conspiracies.

There is a secret program where the CIA is implanting listening devices into baby squirrels that can get close to people and ease drop on their conversations. Soon they will train the squirrels to sneak into the houses of evil people who are not willing to conform as a way to get information about evil pots.

On there is also the

Well, the DoD did try and figure out a way to make enemy soldiers homosexual through chemical warfare using the so-called gay bomb (US pondered love not war ), so I guess any thing's possible. Still, lizard-people living under DIA while stealing children is making me draw the line on this one. It might make for a good scifi horror flick, but nothing beyond that.

Although I don't believe there aren't any conspiracies, I think the inundation of "facts" and circumstantially questionable events (related or unrelated) to prove a point of conspiracy is a kind of sensationalism. I think the points would be better made by proving each one individually before connecting the conclusion.

I think it's true though, in the absense of information an unsound conclusion can be drawn, and in the presense of many semi-supported assumptions the conspiracy can arise. In my opinion the theory of evolution falls into this category.

Global warming exists, but I think "the Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore can be said to be a diatribe on factual inundation to a point to produce an emotional response predictably. In fact, most of it is a convenient tribute to himself and a cinematic portrayal of himself to his liking. I find a similar usage of first-person memorialization or tributization by Bill Clinton in a video presented at his Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock. Trust me, it is very much skipping the Monica Lewinsky story.

This is an interesting thread, but I have to approach it as a skeptic (except I did see something hovering above a gated neighborhood in suburban Augusta once :whistling: , but I digress). IMO, conspiracy theories are made so that people can feel better instead of believing what probably is really the truth: the whole world, no matter where, is run by normal human beings who screw up all the time. There is no conspiracy. The men in backrooms are just like us. They have no idea what's going on either. This whole world is nothing more than a choatic swirl---a hurricane of good and bad. Conspiracy theories make us feel better in a way----no matter what, an airplane flies into a skyscraper, a hurrican levels a major city, et al, with a conspiracy theory we can point the finger at someone or thing. We sit back and think that somewhere there are people---smart people wearing expensive suits and smoking cigars with their hands on the whole world. But there is no group.

There is no shadow government. There is no secret group running the show. Our leaders are us. The Bush adminstration, the Republicans, the Democrats, whatever, they're nothing more than a collection of society forming a giant mirror; a mirror of us. And sometimes we get a glimpse into that mirror, and it hurts, because we see what we really are. We see the pain and the heartache in the world. We see the chaos and we search for the order. Somewhere, there must be a guiding hand we say.........

There is no shadow government. There is no secret group running the show. Our leaders are us. The Bush adminstration, the Republicans, the Democrats, whatever, they're nothing more than a collection of society forming a giant mirror; a mirror of us. And sometimes we get a glimpse into that mirror, and it hurts, because we see what we really are. We see the pain and the heartache in the world. We see the chaos and we search for the order. Somewhere, there must be a guiding hand we say.........

That says absolutely nothing. As I said before, they were simply saying they would want to start a mining operation on the moon or any other planet that is colonized. An extraterrestrial base can be any sort of massing of people and supplies on a terrestrial body in the universe. They are simply used a word that makes sense, especially since these were military men doing the thinking. Mountain climbers often have a base camp. Does that mean there is a huge conspiracy and they are trying to take over the world and hide secrets simply because they use the word base? A corporation has a base of operations. Does the same apply to them?

Maybe they have a "prime directive" not to communicate with primitive backwards societies. I do agree though. If I was an alien and came to the planet earth, I would avoid the most war mongering country on the planet, the USA. Probably safer and more accepting to go to Europe.

I had this vision last night, involving secret underground tunnels I discovered. Kinda like an underground Sears Tower, connected by underground passageways to other buildings below. Lots of concrete corridors, stairways, dimly lit. And killer wolves trying to attack me.

Congrats ... UrbanPlanet topics have now entered my nightmares. I need to start on the screenplay now for a movie release in early 2009.

Archived