Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

surina777

Free Wi-Fi in Downtown Orlando

13 posts in this topic

i searched the threads and only found a couple articles regarding how a few years ago the city was going to offer free wifi...that either happend and got pulled or never happend at all...

so where downtown are all the free wifi spots?

1. Panera at Lake Eola

I believe there is free wIFI under the Ozone name??? At least i was able to log in last week.

i searched the threads and only found a couple articles regarding how a few years ago the city was going to offer free wifi...that either happend and got pulled or never happend at all...

so where downtown are all the free wifi spots?

1. Panera at Lake Eola

I live in waverly last 2 years and have been able to connect to free internet under the "linksys" wifi. Not sure if that is the downtown designated or someone in the building.

yea usually if it is labeled 'linksys' its prob someone in the building/immediate area who hasn't locked out anyone from using it

where are you logging in from?

I believe there is free wIFI under the Ozone name??? At least i was able to log in last week.

That is the free one. They are going to expand it to all of downtown this year and then they will start to promote it.

I think the Ozone service is RR. Supposed to be free up to 128k (anyone) and then if you have a current RR account at home, you can use that to get some level of broadband or upgrade the Ozone account. I'm pretty sure logging in would be a prerequisite to any type of service as mentioned.

But then again, who knows. It was originally supposed to be put together by a company... I think called Pure Communications a couple years ago and never happened.

I think the Ozone service is RR. Supposed to be free up to 128k (anyone) and then if you have a current RR account at home, you can use that to get some level of broadband or upgrade the Ozone account. I'm pretty sure logging in would be a prerequisite to any type of service as mentioned.

But then again, who knows. It was originally supposed to be put together by a company... I think called Pure Communications a couple years ago and never happened.

every once in awhile i can get a "brighthouse" connection on the business side of thornton park central (along washington), that--once i log on using my home account information--allows me to surf for free. but it's spotty . . . and i don't quite understand it :-)

Check out http://frooka.com

It's a directory of all the FREE wifi hotspots in Central Florida. Everything is user-submitted and it's growing... you should be able to find something near you with this.