Why doesn't BR have a minor league Baseball team?

jascowhiz0

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that we are big enough to support one, but this is a strict college town. If it is not tied to LSU football, basketball or baseball, this town will not support it unless it is SU Football. A city of our size should beable to support minor league Baseball and D-League Basketball. When given the chance to support pro sports, we will start off ok, but it quickly fades. Hockey, Indoor Football, Indoor Socce and Independent Baseball have all been tried and they have all fizzled out.

i think the real reason is...we don't advertise stuff enough...we have the small advertisements........we need thoes over the edge advertisements and they need to keep constantly playin them on the radios and TV.....jus like half of the events downtown..the biggest event we have has to be the 4th of july and that got so big through word of mouth...but when your talking sports people just dont seem to pass that so....u need alot of advertisement

Yeah, it's mostly LSU as yall said. The minor league ball park that's mentioned would be built near the I-10 Miss. River Bridge which is only a few miles away from LSU's Alex Box stadium.

Could BR follow other neighboring capital cities??? like: Austin? who opted to have their minor league team 17 miles away in suburban Round Rock(Express); instead of anywhere near the UT campus....or Jackson MS building their minor-league park next to Bass Pro in suburban Pearl.

Could BR possibly build a ball-park in a place like suburban Denham Springs next to the new Bass Pro going up?? It's possible,bec. baseball is so popular out there; but I still would have my doubts that it would work.

They would definetly need to do a good job advertsising.

Yeah, it's mostly LSU as yall said. The minor league ball park that's mentioned would be built near the I-10 Miss. River Bridge which is only a few miles away from LSU's Alex Box stadium.

Could BR follow other neighboring capital cities??? like: Austin? who opted to have their minor league team 17 miles away in suburban Round Rock(Express); instead of anywhere near the UT campus....or Jackson MS building their minor-league park next to Bass Pro in suburban Pearl.

Could BR possibly build a ball-park in a place like suburban Denham Springs next to the new Bass Pro going up?? It's possible,bec. baseball is so popular out there; but I still would have my doubts that it would work.

They would definetly need to do a good job advertsising.

Archived