Drivers License on the 13th

monsoon

Would you get your Drivers License on the 13th to avoid lines?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get your Drivers License on the 13th to avoid lines?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would, but in Rhode Island they expire on your birthday, in my case, the 24th, so I wouldn't really want to go 11 days early, I'm too cheap. Even if I got it on the 13th, it would still expire on the 24th and would not say 13 on it.

Haha. Now that you mentioned it, Michigan's system is the same as Rhode Islands'. Why did I not think of that before?! It must be because it's Monday. Oh well, my birthday is on the 12th, so it will always expire on the 12th. Besides, the 12th is close enough to the 13th. LOL. I won't have to worry about waiting in the line for a while anyway...my license doesn't expire until 2007.

Guest donaltopablo

On GA drivers license the expiration date is exactly 5 years from the date it was issued, so if X/13/XX was issued (won't appear), expiration would appear as X/13/XX+5.

But don't they print the issue date?

Actually, looking at it now, Rhode Island's does have an issue date, but Massachusetts doesn't. I just got my Rhode Island license, I'm used to the Massachusetts ones.

So I guess if you are afraid of a 13 on your license, then you better also be sure that your address has no 13s in it either.

Thanks to our current governor, we in South Carolina now a have a streamlined and efficient DMV. We used to have wait times that ranged in the 2-3 hour range, and now they are about 20 minutes max. We now only have to renew our licences every 10 years, and we can renew online every other time, so in effect you only have to go to the DMV every 20 years. (So since I renewed this year, I don't have to renew again until 2014) Infact most things can be done electronically now. I think plate registration and all that too. Anway, the renwal date is always your birthday in SC, so it will always have your birthday on it, not the date you came in. However, were my birthday on the 13th, it would certainly not deter me from going.

We renew our licenses every 4 years, but you only have to go in to the DMV every other time, as it is easy to renew online or by mail. The only reason they make you go to the DMV at all is for the vision screening. So you've only got to go to the DMV every eight years, although that's not any big deal, since you usually only wait 20 minutes at the most. I couldn't imagine waiting 2-3 hours at that place though!

Archived