Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaceman Spiff

Sherwood/NLR Merger?

6 posts in this topic

I saw a brief mention on this thread on the Arkansas Times Blog: (it's in the comment by sanford)

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog...s.aspx#comments

That there is some talk of a merger between Sherwood and North Little Rock.

Has anyone else heard anything along those lines? This was the first I've heard any mention of it. I know that sherwood has had some issues with losing tax revenue with best buy, furniture row, and wal-mart all re-locating to NLR. I thought the new Sherwood WM Supercenter would help with some of that.

The combined city population would be approximately 85,000.

I saw a brief mention on this thread on the Arkansas Times Blog: (it's in the comment by sanford)

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog...s.aspx#comments

That there is some talk of a merger between Sherwood and North Little Rock.

Has anyone else heard anything along those lines? This was the first I've heard any mention of it. I know that sherwood has had some issues with losing tax revenue with best buy, furniture row, and wal-mart all re-locating to NLR. I thought the new Sherwood WM Supercenter would help with some of that.

The combined city population would be approximately 85,000.

A merger between NLR and Sherwood would give the new city a lot more clout in Central Arkansas and I think that would be the beginning of a very fierce competition between NLR/Sherwood and Little Rock. I personally think that Pulaski County needs to become a consolidated city-county government like what Louisville, KY and Nashville, TN has done, but a NLR/Sherwood merger could possibly be the first step of getting the entire county to merge.

A merger between NLR and Sherwood would give the new city a lot more clout in Central Arkansas and I think that would be the beginning of a very fierce competition between NLR/Sherwood and Little Rock. I personally think that Pulaski County needs to become a consolidated city-county government like what Louisville, KY and Nashville, TN has done, but a NLR/Sherwood merger could possibly be the first step of getting the entire county to merge.