Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New2Nash

ICON for Lease

8 posts in this topic

This may be old news but I just noticed on the ICON website that they posted a link for Retail information. They have a Suite layout with the various sq.ft/ available, etc.

I read in the Tennessean earlier this month that they would be releasing tenant information within the next few weeks so if anyone hears anything please post.

I'm wondering which grocery store chain (H.G. Hill??) will sign on.. According to the floorplan, it looks like there's only a couple of large spaces available suitable for handling a grocery store layout.

http://www.iconinthegulch.com/enter.html

Frugel's is like 2 blocks walking distance from ICON. That's a huge liquor store.

Not particularly the safest walk, though. I've walked the area between ICON & 8th ave in broad daylight, and felt slightly scared for my life.

As for a liquor/wine store in the gulch, I think it would do incredibly well, though zoning wise there could be a problem. Liquor stores can only be opened on what the city deems a "thouroughfare", or major artery. That is why all the liquor stores you see are on major roads, not tucked away. Woodland Street Wine Merchant, which recently opened on Woodland Street, had to go through council approval to get Woodland Street in east Nashville the correct designation. I am not sure if 12th or Division currently meet the correct standards. If they do, or can clear the hurdles, that would be a slam-dunk at that location.

The neo-yuppie crowd that will be dwelling inside the gulch is almost unanimously opposed to having to deal with panhandlers. Long story short - I agree with whoever said put a liquor store in the gulch - it might even put frugal's out of business if it's fancy enough!

I always wondered about Flyte, which is located right there on 8th so close to the homeless shelter, the gentlemen's club, and the Greyhound station, to say nothing of the street life. That seems like a strange location for a nice restaurant.