Hindu Temple Set to Open in Lilburn.

ironchapman

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what's not clear to me. Is it simply that they don't want people taking pictures of the temple, or is there another reason (religious doctrine, perhaps) which prohibits photographing buildings of this nature?

If it's the former, I don't see how you can prohibit photographing a public building in plain view. If it's the latter, then how would permission figure into it?

Though they are different religions , I noticed the temples I visited in Japan would not allow one to take photos inside, though it was fine to take pictures of the buildings themselves and of the priests (many of which who enjoyed being in photos) I was under the impression this was the rule to let the people who were there to worship in a peaceful setting since cameras are distracting. Maybe this is the case with this temple.

To answer the iron's question, I think it means that Atlanta is becoming more of a world city where people from around the globe come to live.

I had the pleasure :mellow: of driving through Lilburn today. I must say that I was plesantly surprised to see the new temple with my own eyes. It was a sight for sure. This is destined to become one of the treasures of metro Atlanta. I am very glad that this has been added to the cultural fabric of metro Atlanta.

I found a video clip from CNN.com regarding the new temple.

Enjoy:

New Hindu Temple

Archived