Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZachariahDaMan

Standard Building

4 posts in this topic

When I was walking around recently by this building I noticed someone outside the building dressed up so I went up to talk to him about what's going on in the building. It's being turned into apartments, which will take 12-14 months. As you will see the place is totally gutted. They were putting in doors while I was there.

120_4652.jpg

120_4653.jpg

120_4642.jpg

120_4640.jpg

120_4643.jpg

120_4648.jpg

120_4650.jpg

Wow thats a substantial rehab. Plenty of work there to get apartments up and ready for occupation in 12-14 months, but it will be interesting to see what it looks like when they are done. Glad to read about such a great abandoned old structure getting a second lease on life.

Any idea on the pricing or unit count/size(s)?

No idea, I'm curious though. I've looked up online but can't really find anything about the buidlings rehab. I didn't want to bother the guy with too many questions lol

I'm just curious as to what they think they can get out of apartments in a refurbished low-rise building in Gary. They are definitely pioneering with the project and will be interesting to see if this can be successful and spur on more redevelopment projects.