Your Georgia citys' trendiest neighborhood?

socaguy

Downtown Macon, including Beacon Hill is quite trendy in my opinion. Summerville (The Hill) is the trendiest in Augusta, with the largest collection of eccentric and eclectic people (moreso than downtown in my opinion). All of downtown Savannah is trendy. I agree about Vista in Columbia. Charleston and Savannah are in classes of their own in the trendy category. There is a sophistication present in the lowcountry that is absent other places (outside of large cities). Most of Augusta's eccentric types come from Savannah anyway and Augusta looks toward Savannah and Charleston as being more sophiticated. (including our huge Irish Catholic population).

• 3 months later...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta's Buckhead District has long had the reputation of being chi-chi luxury rich, but the truth of the matter is there are many neighborhoods behind Peachtree Street on the west side that are upper middle class and very trendy. There are alot of beautiful bungaloos and NOT mansions that line the many streets of this area.

Also not everone heads up to Peachtree to eat at the "white tablecloth" restaurants and are not in a hurry to get to posh Lenox Square and chi-chi Phipps Plaza to do their shopping either.

For example there are plenty of trendy bars, restaurants, and trendy boutiques and stores that are lined up and down Roswell Road in Buckhead so although Buckhead does have neighborhoods with enormous wealth and posh restaurants and shopping options, it is not true for the entire Buckhead area.

And several pocketed areas on Wieuka Road behind Phipps Plaza where I live in a nice bungaloo just 6/10th of mile from Peachtree Road, and also on the right side of Wieuka between Wieuka Road and Peachtree Dunwoody Roads.

By all means come and pay us a visit sometime Spartan!!! :)

Archived