Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rybak 187

MBS International Airport

8 posts in this topic

Here is an article on a piece of land they are trying to buy to build a new terminal at MBS International Airport.

The terminal definitely needs replacement. Not to mention with heightened security, it seems even more important.

And it's also very outdated. :sick:

I don't understand why MBS needs to grab more land from private individuals when they have acres upon acres that they don't use and rent out to farmers to plant.

If you include the open grass fields around the runway as used land, the airport only covers about half (if that) of the land it already owns!

I don't understand why MBS needs to grab more land from private individuals when they have acres upon acres that they don't use and rent out to farmers to plant.

If you include the open grass fields around the runway as used land, the airport only covers about half (if that) of the land it already owns!

From the picture from Google Earth it does not look like they can build it anywhere else on the land that they already own that would be feasible.

MBS.jpg

I think what they are doing is taking the parking and moving that too. Where would you have them put the new terminal on the land that they already own?

When I drove by the airport yesterday, it looked like they were in the beginning stages of foundation work on an area parallel to Garfield south of the parking lot and near the SW end of the runway. Does anybody know what's going on there?

I do not know, and I could not find anything after a quick search either. :dontknow: