Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rardy

The Panhandle

5 posts in this topic

This can be a catch-all thread for projects and development-related news from the panhandle. There is a lot going on out there, and they're benefiting from proximity to the Colorado Front Range.

From today's Omaha World-Herald:

Scottsbluff airport may reach goal

Officials at Scottsbluff's Western Nebraska Regional Airport say they should have no problem making a critical goal of 10,000 passengers for the year.

Airport Director Darwin Skelton said that 6,331 passengers have flown out of Scottsbluff overall this year, with 5,948 of them traveling on Great Lakes Airlines.

The airport needs to have about 4,000 more boardings to meet the 10,000 mark, which will make the airport eligible for $1 million in federal funding for safety programs.

Cabela's, west Nebraska's only Fortune 1000 company, is buying up Canadian rival S.I.R. Warehouse Sports Store, based in Winnipeg. SIR has a loyal following both through its store, located DT Winnipeg, and through its online mail-order system.

This is good news for Cabela's as they continue their Canadian expansion. The Winnipeg store will also be their first in an urban core.

Dennis Highby, chief executive of Cabela's, said the acquisition would accelerate the growth of Cabela's retail, catalog and Internet business in Canada.

"Though we already have a loyal customer base in Canada, we expect significant growth in Canadian business as a result of this transaction," Highby said in announcing the purchase.

The purchase price was not disclosed. The deal is to close in 30 to 60 days, Cabela's said.

Cabela's, based in Sidney, Neb., announced in January 2006 it would build one of its large retail stores in Montreal. Construction has not started.

Cabela's, west Nebraska's only Fortune 1000 company, is buying up Canadian rival S.I.R. Warehouse Sports Store, based in Winnipeg. SIR has a loyal following both through its store, located DT Winnipeg, and through its online mail-order system.

This is good news for Cabela's as they continue their Canadian expansion. The Winnipeg store will also be their first in an urban core.

Read the article here>>

Really? Aw well. I was hoping this meant something new for Cabela's.

I've always thought Winnipeg had a cool-looking downtown, from the pictures at least.

Welcome to the forum, btw!