Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moonfly

Texas Taxes

4 posts in this topic

My company is moving to Ft. Worth (Haslet) and since I'm from Florida.... I have no clue about all the taxes Texas and all the local taxing units assess, but I have heard they are plenty: real estate prop tax, school district taxes, personal property (vehicles), etc. What are some high tax areas I should avoid? Any tips to keep taxes low? I'm single.... no kids.... and urban, so probably looking into condos and towhhomes. Would anyone like to break it down for me?

:rolleyes:

My company is moving to Ft. Worth (Haslet) and since I'm from Florida.... I have no clue about all the taxes Texas and all the local taxing units assess, but I have heard they are plenty: real estate prop tax, school district taxes, personal property (vehicles), etc. What are some high tax areas I should avoid? Any tips to keep taxes low? I'm single.... no kids.... and urban, so probably looking into condos and towhhomes. Would anyone like to break it down for me?

:rolleyes:

I've been looking at North Fort Worth, myself (Keller/Saginaw/Heritage/Blue Mound) up in the Alliance Park area. In downtown Fort Worth, there are a number of condo projects and I'm fairly certain Fortworthology can give you a run-down of what projects there are, where they're located, and roughly what to expect cost-wise and tax-wise. I'd be an urbanite myself, if it wasn't for not being single and having two young children. :-)

In downtown Fort Worth, there are a number of condo projects and I'm fairly certain Fortworthology can give you a run-down of what projects there are, where they're located, and roughly what to expect cost-wise and tax-wise.