Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markrumsey

The Green Well

19 posts in this topic

The people who brought you Bistro Bella Vita are opening a new restaurant at 924 Cherry - The Green Well. It is scheduled to open in mid-September and is modeled after a European Gastro Pub. They are planning to have fresh, locally sourced food and twenty beers on tap. The building was constructed by Bazzani Associates and is part of the very

I can't wait - it's about a 3 minute walk from my house and may become my second home. I love the Pickwick and I hope it never changes but with the Meanwhile @ Diamond & Wealthy and now the Green Well, the neighborhood has a couple other options. I believe both of the new places will have outdoor seating too.

Sounds great. Next time I'm home I'll have to walk down and check it out.

:offtopic: I'd heard a couple of people recommend the Pickwick, so I checked it out a couple of months back. I think I must have chosen "Filthy, no atmosphere, no service, inhospitable locals day" as it just felt like someone had put a bottle fridge in a slum to me. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Andy

I think I must have chosen "Filthy, no atmosphere, no service, inhospitable locals day"

Love it or hate it, The Pickwick is as beloved for what it is not as for what it is.

:offtopic: I'd heard a couple of people recommend the Pickwick, so I checked it out a couple of months back. I think I must have chosen "Filthy, no atmosphere, no service, inhospitable locals day" as it just felt like someone had put a bottle fridge in a slum to me. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Andy

Agreed.

Back on topic, has anyone else noticed the picket fence surrounding the Green Well's patio? It seems a little out of place to me. Maybe when it's finished and surrounded by greenery it won't stand out as much.

I was told it's temporary; just something they needed to do for permits. Looks like they have brick corners where a permanet fence will go. I'm sure they'll have to go with smoe steel. Wood wouldn't make it through the winters too well.

The fencing is temporary. There will be ornate steel fencing that separates the patio from ICCF's garden.

"Fairmount Square Investors, LLC, a partnership between Bazzani Associates and Second Story Properties"

"Fairmount Square Investors, LLC, a partnership between Bazzani Associates and Second Story Properties"

Well that would make sense. ;) Did I miss that somewhere? You have quotes around your statement.

Andy

Different strokes for different folks. You're obviously not the dive bar type.

This could (and probably should) be a thread all of its own.