Schuler Books goes downtown

Rizzo

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having a difficult time posting my pictures from the Ribbon Cutting :( I had to duck out soon early to run a few errands and post these pictures of course. The event was well attended this evening as it was standing room only :) Ha Ha

I wanted to wish Bill and Cecile the best of luck and happy times ahead!!

PS- Look for a few Ribbon Cutting Pictures to come shortly...

best,

Jhood

CopyofPICT0030.jpg

CopyofPICT0029.jpg

CopyofPICT0031.jpg

CopyofPICT0033.jpg

CopyofPICT0034.jpg

PICT0022-1.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

This is for everyone who did not have a chance to make the Ribbon Cutting. Hope you enjoy and the Grand Opening is 10am Tuesday the 30th of October :)

Oh yeah...Bill and Cecile ate their Wheaties...this AM...the silly scissors were a little dull for the large ribbon on hand. ahhahahahah (wish I caught this on video)

Hey Bill----That ribbon was harder to cut than trimming a spinnaker on Wednesday nights huh? Careful with those scissors buddy---

best,

JHood

It was amazing how many people showed up. The owners must be thrilled. I took a fwe pictures of the event as well.. uploading from my phone now. For those of you who were there, I was the under-dressed weird-looking guy in a red jacket and pants likely coated with cat hair. (gotta lova animals, eh?)

Oh, that's right, my memory card is bugged and crashes my phone whenever I open the index of photos. My phone<->computer cord is back in Wayland, too. Looks like no photos from me, unless I can get this to work..

I got it to work!

My photos mostly try to show how packed with people the place was. It was very exciting to see that many people in a business downtown. It was like Rivertown the week before Christmas.

Be warned, the photo quality on a Sidekick 3 is pretty poor. (As much as I love T-Mobile, don't bother with a Sidekick. =p)

IMG00097.JPG

IMG00096.JPG

IMG00095.JPG

IMG00094.JPG

In second viewing, my photos do a poor job of showing how many people were there.

Lessee if any of mine convey the excitement...

dt-1.jpg

dt-2.jpg

You wanted games, Jeff...

dt-3.jpg

dt-4.jpg

Local cookbook

dt-5.jpg

dt-6.jpg

I might need these bookends for my Mardi Gras shelf

dt-7.jpg

dt-8.jpg

BC/BS hallway entrance

dt-9.jpg

dt-10.jpg

Contents of the loot bag

dt-11.jpg

dt-12.jpg

The musical talent for the evening (third grand piano sighting this month)

dt-13.jpg

L@@K! I found some bicycles!

dt-14.jpg

I was actually trying to keep an eye out for other UPers, especially Veloise.. I can recognise Veloise the easiest as I've seen her several times.. but didn't see anyone familiar. I had no idea those were loot bags, I thought all those bags sitting around were decorational.

A question I raised on Knape's Blog but may get a better answer here.. the pieces of subs available tonight, are those part of the Schuler's cafe menu, or were they catered from elsewhere? I thought they were delicious..

And I never saw those bookends or bookmarks. I'll have to go back and check those out. I could use a few formal bookmarks to replace random store receipts sticking out of books.

I was actually trying to keep an eye out for other UPers, especially Veloise.. I can recognise Veloise the easiest as I've seen her several times.. but didn't see anyone familiar. I had no idea those were loot bags, I thought all those bags sitting around were decorational.

A question I raised on Knape's Blog but may get a better answer here.. the pieces of subs available tonight, are those part of the Schuler's cafe menu, or were they catered from elsewhere? I thought they were delicious..

And I never saw those bookends or bookmarks. I'll have to go back and check those out. I could use a few formal bookmarks to replace random store receipts sticking out of books.

Took me a while to get DT from my workplace out in God's country (exit 43 & 28th Street). I was there by about 6 pm. (And I was in the usual neon, bike sweater, bike earrings.)

Pretty sure the sandwiches are made by Schuler's. Bill said that the kitchen DT is not a full one, but they can use their other places as a commissary. And there's enough equipment right there to serve hot food. They were good.

Tony, didja find the chocolate espresso beans? By the fireplace.

Nope, didn't see those either. I think I left Schuler's around 5:30ish.. not completely sure. I know I arrived back at 44th & Breton a little after 6, so however long the bus took from Central Station plus the walk to the Ice House (love that wooden door, btw) from Schuler's. Yeah, probably shortly before 5:30.

I did see a former co-worker whilst there, though.. and finally got to see Heartwell in person.

Lessee if any of mine convey the excitement...

dt-1.jpg

dt-2.jpg

You wanted games, Jeff...

dt-3.jpg

dt-4.jpg

Local cookbook

dt-5.jpg

dt-6.jpg

I might need these bookends for my Mardi Gras shelf

dt-7.jpg

dt-8.jpg

BC/BS hallway entrance

dt-9.jpg

dt-10.jpg

Contents of the loot bag

dt-11.jpg

dt-12.jpg

The musical talent for the evening (third grand piano sighting this month)

dt-13.jpg

L@@K! I found some bicycles!

dt-14.jpg

Great pictures Veloise!!! Yes...the gift bag was very cool and contained a few fun items that are essential when visiting a Book Store :) These items were practical and a very nice gesture of appreciation!

They are supposed to be open to the public at 10 am. Give it a shot!

We are open, and the cafe is up and running - you can have lunch here today! The slices of sandwich we served last night are from our menu.

GRDadof3 - I'll look into the chessboard (mancala too) - good idea and we have them at our other stores.

Look forward to seeing you all at the store.

Bill Fehsenfeld

At the giant ceremonial scissors store? (There's a business idea for downtown :P )

Google and you shall find:

http://www.goldenopenings.com/Products/Sci...CFSgHIwod1njLZA

Great googling. I often have to do research on the web for obscure things like that.

Great pictures.

Now I really wish I was there last night..... Well, I'll be in there soon enough to study.

We are open, and the cafe is up and running - you can have lunch here today! The slices of sandwich we served last night are from our menu.

GRDadof3 - I'll look into the chessboard (mancala too) - good idea and we have them at our other stores.

Look forward to seeing you all at the store.

Bill Fehsenfeld

I already hopped in for a quick coffee and bought a book. I would have said HI, but it was just after opening and there were about 6 people behind the counter. :)

I'll be back!

Archived