Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

Major bass fishing tournament coming to Lake Murray

7 posts in this topic

The FLW Tour bass fishing championship will be coming to Lake Murray next August and is estimated to generate $40 million for the area economy. The event will attract 162 anglers, their support teams and thousands of fans. For lake tourism officials, it's the equivalent of hosting the Masters golf tournament.

A free outdoor sports exhibit will be at the convention center downtown concurrent with the tournament Aug. 14-17, 2008.

Fans of fishing? Could there be anything more boring? :rolleyes: I'm always happy to see money spurring the economy, but I couldn't imagine watching fishing as a sport, lol.

I don't get it either, but I know tons of people who do. My BIL and his dad tape Bill Dance, for Pete's sake. I'm betting that there will be a pretty big turnout for this.

Plus, if the fishing shows all have clips from Lake Murray, it may increase the out of state fishermen on the lake, not a bad thing.

Well I'm sure those same people would laugh at me for watching the Weather Channel as much as I do, so I guess I can understand it.

My sister is a Weather Channel addict, so between the weather shows and the fishing shows...well, they like it, so its all good.

I bet this will be much bigger than we expect. I'm glad to see something like this coming to the area.

I don't get it either, but I know tons of people who do. My BIL and his dad tape Bill Dance, for Pete's sake. I'm betting that there will be a pretty big turnout for this.

Plus, if the fishing shows all have clips from Lake Murray, it may increase the out of state fishermen on the lake, not a bad thing.

Bill Dance has his own syndicated fishing program. It is basically 30 minutes of watching a guy fish.

I don't know if he'd come to this tournament or not, but he's a big draw in the fishing world (which is MUCH larger than you would think).