Charlotte Weather

19 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

So... We got snow in December... Will we get snow in February? If not, I can't remember the last time I've seen that combo.

Very unlikely at this point. Cold has been much too transient and any time we get any moisture the temp spikes up into the upper 30's or 40's.

I should start planning vacations to Canada during the winter.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Sleeting and a few snow flakes mixed in at  my suburban Charlotte abode.   This is the kind of weather I would not wanted to see at the all stars game so at least they did not see this. 

Yep! It is miserable outside and looking wet the rest of the week. 

• 1 month later...

I'm uptown and see nothing, but my wife is reporting off-and-on snow south of Ballantyne.  My daughter *loved* walking to school in it.

Related:  I have CLT weather history back to 2001, and I don't see any snow in April.  I do see March snow in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2017, and 2018.....with the latest in March being March 12.  So it would be pretty rare and pretty cool if the airport got any today.

• Like 1

Nothing but a few wet flakes in Cabarrus County this was mostly a south Charlotte Union County event ole Brad Panovich said 1.7 inches in Wesley Chapel and Wingate. 

More

For only the 2nd time in 100 years we saw measurable snow in April in #Charlotte. It was also the 6th latest date on record. Here's the updated totals map with a swath of 1-2" from Chester, York, Lancaster Panhandle into Union, Stanly and Montgomery counties. #snOMG #cltwx #ncwx

D3Kz3WfWwAE-tbi.jpg

D3Kz3YFXgAIoSBM.jpg
Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Time to go with a nice hardscape and no-maintenance evergreen ground cover :tw_thumbsup:

You are correct.  I'm looking into some ground covers and stone now.  Our summers are  too hot and dry for "normal" grass (and it isn't even summer yet!)

One thing Brad Panovich has taught me is that a hot May or Spring does not mean summer will be extremely hot.  We just had a big high pressure stuck over the south for a week pumping up hot air from the south.  It seems to be weakening and 'cooling' down now to more normal temps.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

One thing Brad Panovich has taught me is that a hot May or Spring does not mean summer will be extremely hot.  We just had a big high pressure stuck over the south for a week pumping up hot air from the south.  It seems to be weakening and 'cooling' down now to more normal temps.  

Very true, and often it means rain once the jet stream oscillates Eastward.  Soon we may be getting the rain the midwest is getting now.

52 minutes ago, abttown said:

You are correct.  I'm looking into some ground covers and stone now.  Our summers are  too hot and dry for "normal" grass (and it isn't even summer yet!)

Trees!!!

• Like 3