mediamongrel

Charlotte Weather

1 minute ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

I'm officially ready summer, I'm done with this crap. 

Agree! Been raining or cloudy outside most weekends. Today is just an annoying tease of snow, with none of the fun. Ready for the sun to come out and go to the park!

• Like 2

I actually left for Boone on 321 at around 2:30 PM yesterday, right when the snow was at its heaviest. I stayed under flurries or bursts of thicker flakes basically all the way until the Big Climb begins at Kirby Mtn. Road, then they tapered off, but picked up again in Blowing Rock. About an inch or so stuck to the ground in Watauga but basically nowhere before there. Roads were all fine and barely wet.

Ah well, it was pretty at least.

IMG_20200208_174715168.jpg

IMG_20200208_174757890.jpg

• Like 3

6 years ago today Charlotte had 6-10 inches of snow on the ground depending on your location.  Today this graphic from Brad Panovich and I saw flowers blooming in Asheville today!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

All of these plants are going to get toasted by a hard freeze. 

Probably coming as soon as tomorrow night.

Keep an eye on late next week too, trend is colder and wet. Probably a cold rain, but good chance another deep freeze late in the 3rd week of the month which will hold off spring (and pollen) for a little while at least.

Look at this from Nashville and the surrounding areas from their F3 tornado that may have been on the ground for 50 miles.  TN is the most prone to tornados at night state in the country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8074721/Terrifying-moment-man-gets-stuck-crane-Nashville-tornado-swirls-nearby.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8072107/Tennessee-tornado-death-toll-rises-25-including-children.html

I am glad tornados are rarer here and usually not as long lasting or strong.

• Thanks 1