Charlotte Weather

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy Wind today :o In my neck of the woods all of the stars I hang on my front porch blew off and got ripped up. Oh well, New Year and all must mean it's time for new porch hangers. The big tin star nailed next to the front door blew off too but it's in fine shape. And the sturdy lounge chairs on the front yard blew over.

A massive oak tree is blocking East Blvd @ Park. Avoid this area tonight as it's going to be awhile before it's cleared.

Crazy Wind today :o In my neck of the woods all of the stars I hang on my front porch blew off and got ripped up. Oh well, New Year and all must mean it's time for new porch hangers. The big tin star nailed next to the front door blew off too but it's in fine shape. And the sturdy lounge chairs on the front yard blew over.

A massive oak tree is blocking East Blvd @ Park. Avoid this area tonight as it's going to be awhile before it's cleared.

I live in Pineville right outside of Ballantyne and I was awoken to the howling of the wind whipping right outside(my bed backups to a window) this morning around 6am. I grabbed my camera and wanted to take pictures but my memory card was in the other room and I didnt feel like walking to go get it. It was like sheets of rain but worse. I didnt know what the heck was going on, I should have turned on the TV but I just went back to back instead.

• 2 weeks later...

^Well it used to snow a lot more frequently around here, even in the Upstate. We haven't really had any significant winter weather since December of 2002. Kind of sucks for me as this looks like more of a coastal storm, which means it will mostly spare those living further west <_< Here's to hoping you guys get lots of the white stuff (drive carefully).

When I was crossing South Blvd (by foot) on my way to the train platform, I could feel the slush getting harder as the temperature has dropped. It was about that point when I saw tire tracks leaving the road going up on the sidewalk tearing up the grass and swerving back onto the road. I decided to get off South Blvd as quickly as possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You know, I like to think I keep a relatively small carbon footprint in my apartment. But today of all days, I really really want to be burning some carbon, and my damn AC is broke! Forecast high: 98. Maybe I'll go into the office today...

. . . . where they probably shut off the a/c on the weekend!

We still haven't turned on our A/C up here in NYC, but we've had a record cold june, the hottest its been is 82!!!

When I lived in Brooklyn I lived in one of those basement apartments so it didn't get real hot. I can't remember if I even had a/c.

..... I really really want to be burning some carbon, and my damn AC is broke! Forecast high: 98. Maybe I'll go into the office today...
If you are in Charlotte, there is a good chance that much if the power is generated from nuclear fission. They claim this is green power these days. Given all the rain, there might also be some hydro power mixed in as there is a lot of water in the Catawba right now.