Trump

mlurye

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's correct, Slidell. I don't believe an actual date has been given, but the expected groundbreaking is sometime in June.

Has financing been lined up? Also, the developer indicated about 2 months ago that a big marketing push was imminent. However, I haven't heard anything, and the website still looks very sub-par.

I've been under the impression that just about everything is in place. I've heard that financing is not a problem, and that sales have been going very well over the past year. The developers have been set on the early-mid 2007 groundbreaking date for quite some time now, and that still seems to be the case.

I've been under the impression that just about everything is in place. I've heard that financing is not a problem, and that sales have been going very well over the past year. The developers have been set on the early-mid 2007 groundbreaking date for quite some time now, and that still seems to be the case.

The lack of real data scares me. That building would be such a HUGH psychological boost to the city. I'm not a religious guy, but I'm sure praying for that building.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I emailed the sales office and was surprised to receive a telephone call in response. I was told that Donald Trump has approved the advertising campaign and that a national push will start in approximately two weeks. At that time, the website will be completely revamped.

Groundbreaking is scheduled to take place in September, which is also when all contracts will be finalized.

Apparently, the number of units will be decreased. However, the unit totals are being decreased because a number of down payments are for multiple units that are being combined to offer larger floorplans. All told, the number of units will be about 620, but this will not impact the total square footage of the building.

That's extremely good news, JPK! Thank you so much for the update!

I had heard that September was a possible date for the opening of the sales office, but I really had nothing to back it up. Glad to hear that the national advertising campaign will start soon as well. I'm not sure what that will entail, but I'm expecting to see the website showing new renderings of the tower, the "new skyline" renderings, unit renderings, etc. That's what happened with the Chicago tower and the Toronto tower, so I wouldn't expect to see anything different here.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "new stuff," that's for sure! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent! Thanks for the update JPK!

I'm still in the "I'll believe it when I see it" state of mind, but it's certainly great to see that things are still moving forward. Does anyone know when that parking lot will cease its operation as a public lot, and the developers will come in? When that happens, we know for a fact that Trump will be a reality.

Does anyone know when that parking lot will cease its operation as a public lot, and the developers will come in? When that happens, we know for a fact that Trump will be a reality.

I'd like to know that myself.

By the way, I asked Pam for some renderings of the building in the skyline. She said that she should have some very soon and would send them to me. I'll post them upon receipt.

By the way, I asked Pam for some renderings of the building in the skyline. She said that she should have some very soon and would send them to me. I'll post them upon receipt.

Excellent! I'm really looking forward to seeing them! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know that myself.

Any developments on this?

Any developments on this?

I wish. I don't mind calling, but it's no big deal for anybody to call. They're pretty chatty about the building. One of the sales people offered to come by my office and give me a presentation even after I told her that I'm not a buyer, but only a skyline admirer.

According to Pam, the groundbreaking is still scheduled to take place in September. She indicated that most of the development team is in Chicago and that she would have more information upon their return. I presume they are meeting with lenders. Good luck to them, if that's the case.

Many thanks to you JPK for keeping us updated on the Trump project! I'm gonna have to start calling their offices myself. Are you just using the number found on the website and the signs at the possible site?

Many thanks to you JPK for keeping us updated on the Trump project! I'm gonna have to start calling their offices myself. Are you just using the number found on the website and the signs at the possible site?

I've only spoken to them once, and the call was placed by the sales office to me in response to an email. Go to the website, click on main menu, and then on "more information or questions." The email goes to a lady named Pam. She responds very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news! I guess this is just the "slow time" between official city approval and groundbreaking, where you rarely hear anything new from the developers. We've all seen major proposals come and go in this city, so I'm sure we're all just nervous when the weeks go by and nothing new is said.

Update: The project is going forward, although not as quickly as the folks would like. Condo documents and covenants are all being finalized next week. I was contacted by the sales office last week and was offered a presentation, even though they know I won't be buying. I guess they're rewarding me for being a cheerleader. If I decide to do it, maybe I'll invite some interested folks to come along if Trump doesn't mind.

Archived